    Over various different switches, hubs & PCs my 100mb links appear to have up
    to about 37mb (maximum, some are much less) throughputs (decent streams) -
    does this sound about right?

    William4, Dec 23, 2007

  2. yea - qcheck, by Ixia. Fking ROCKS. Dead small and easy to setup. We
    have it on a few servers scattered over the county so we can do
    throughput tests. Google it I'm sure you'll find it

    Steve Williamson, Dec 23, 2007

  3. William4

    William4 Guest

    Taa. Still waiting for ixia's email.
    Tried iperf (okay for xp), getting 74-93 Mb/s depends which machines.
    - interestingly, powerplugs seem much better one way!

    William4, Dec 24, 2007
  4. William4

    stephen Guest

    try ttcp - works on various other platforms, including having a server built
    into IOS on some cisco routers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttcp

    also a Java version now....

    stephen, Dec 26, 2007