    great feature that has been done away with?

    Thanks,
    Tono

    Tono, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    That feature went away with Mozilla, and since Netscape 7 is simply rebranded Mozilla (with some AOL addons) it of course isnt there either.

    If you use the View All you really dont require the feature tho, you can simply click on the previous message in the subject listing. I know, its not the same thing, but its the best that can be done currently.

    I do beleive there is a 'bug' on the matter, but at present it doesnt seem likely that anyone is going to recreate the feature any time soon.

    Moz Champion, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Tono

    Tono Guest

    LOL, back then I didn't know of Mozilla and was using Netscape. I'd
    download Netscape then immediately delete all the aol instant messenger
    crap!
    Yes, if needed, I temporarily change my "view" setting (while leaving
    the reply highlighted so I can find the thread easily). But for every
    day use I don't like to see all those old read posts. It's too much
    garbage to scroll through.

    Damn, that sucks. It was really a great feature, especially if you have
    already marked a post read and have the news set to only display unread
    messages, then later some goof ball replies without quoting the post
    they are replying to.

    But then again, I suppose I shouldn't worry about what those dimwits
    write anyway or who they are replying to. ;-)

    Thanks,
    Tono

    Tono, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    There can be a happy medium struck, depending on your preference of course. Personally I restrict my 'Keep' of newsgroups to a matter of days, which cuts down on the 'garbage' to scroll thru.

    Moz Champion, Jul 5, 2004