    what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
    with all the thread sizes and pitch?

    Garrick

    Garrick, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Garrick

    Charles Guest

    I found this with Google:

    http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

    Charles, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Garrick

    Garrick Guest

    Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
    Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
    like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
    (???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
    address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
    lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.

    Thanks,

    Garrick

    Garrick, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Forgoive my laziness and poor memory, but isn't C-mount that small one
    used on video camera lenses? If it is, just go visit any microscope-y
    or lab supplies sort of shop, as that mount is particularly common in
    microscopy circles for attaching video cameras..

    mark.thomas.7, Aug 2, 2006
  5. If it really is the same mount as the C-mount found on microscopes,
    Edmund Optics sells all sorts of stuff along those lines; I'd guess that
    screw-on caps would be in their inventory.
    http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Aug 2, 2006
  6. Garrick

    stauffer Guest

    Yes, C-mount and CS mount both use the same threads. The only
    difference is in the back focal distance. A cap for either should work
    on either type of lens.

    stauffer, Aug 2, 2006