    can't get out of it without killing the process.... unless someone has a
    better idea?

    Al

    ANC, Apr 22, 2006

  2. ANC

    gwtc Guest

    Grrrrr, what a piss-sh*t site. I tried it in IE, but it disabled my
    entire copy and paste -- I mean the whole computers copy and paste. I
    had to reboot.

    I finally got in by spoofing the User Agent. Thats when I'm
    pretending I'm using IE eventhough I'm using FF:
    http://chrispederick.com/work/useragentswitcher/

    The site also failed validation:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline
    so its not a very good site.

    gwtc, Apr 22, 2006

  3. ANC

    ANC Guest

    I run Linux so I don't know WinXP too well, but could you not have used the
    ctl-alt-del Task Manager to kill the FF process instead of rebooting?

    In the Linux KDE window manager (at least with Kanotix) you can hit
    ctl-alt-esc and you get a skull & crossbones cursor and whatever window you
    click on will cause the parent process to be killed immediately.
    I agree it's not a good site but maybe a bug report should be filed. To my
    way of thinking a website should never be able to 'bring down' a
    well-engineered browser. There should be some kind of override available so
    as to close the tab or window without killing the entire FF session.

    Al

    ANC, Apr 22, 2006
  4. ANC

    Skratz Guest

    I tried that website, got the looping message and all i had to do was
    close the tab. No need to kill any processes.

    The website is probably not worth the time, so i did what i usually do
    with such sites: don't bother and get on with my life.

    Skratz, Apr 23, 2006
  5. ANC

    ANC Guest

    I couldn't close the tab at first. But I clicked the "OK" button on the
    pop-up and held the esc key down. That seemed to screw up the javascript
    enough so that I could then close the window.

    First time I've ever seen a site do something like that.

    anc

    ANC, Apr 23, 2006
  6. ANC

    gwtc Guest

    I said I tried it in IE and it disabled the entire copy and paste, in
    every program I tried. I had to reboot in order to cancel that.

    gwtc, Apr 23, 2006