This producing a freeze upon start up of Win. 2000 Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bun Mui, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    There is something wrong with the computer.

    I am conected to a network with Windows 2000 Pro connected to the internet.

    Startup list there are all these programs running.

    Program File name Loaded From

    WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_CU\Run
    WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\Run
    WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnce
    WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnce
    WindowsNTKernelLoader svhosts.exe HKEY_LM\RunOnceEX

    This producing a freeze upon start up of Win. 2000 Pro.

    The first time I shut down and re-start Windows. It would freeze before
    any desktop icons show up. Just a blue screen background and an hour window
    glass showing sand falling down. Then second time I shit download
    and re-open it , it will load the icons o.k.

    It always happens every alternate time.

    How could I fix this problem?

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui

    Bun Mui, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Bun Mui

    Mara Guest

    Scan your system with an updated, good AV for W32.Sdbot.

    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojsdboth.html

    <snip>

    Mara, Jul 9, 2003