    "A little while back, I was reading my junk E-Mail just like you are
    no,
    and came across an E-Mail similar to this that said you could make
    thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of
    $5.00! So, I thought, 'Yeah, right, this must be a scam!, like most of
    us, but I was curious, like most of us, so I kept reading. Anyway, it
    said that you send $1.00 to each of the 5 names listed in the article.
    You then place your own name and addresses in the bottom of the list at
    #5 and send an E-Mail to at least 200 news groups. (There are
    thousands). No catch, that was it. So, after thinking about it, and
    talking to a few people first, I thought about trying it. I figured
    what have I got to lose except 5 stamps and $5.00, right? Like most of
    us, I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal
    aspects of it all. So, I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office
    (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal! Then, I
    invested the measly $5.00... Well, GUESS WHAT! With in 7 days, I
    started getting money in the mail. I was shocked! I still figured it
    would end soon, and didn't give it another thought. But, the money
    just
    continued coming in. In my first week, I made about $20-$30. By the
    end of the second week, I had made a total of over $1,000! In the
    third
    week, I had over $10,000 and it's still growing! This is now my fourth
    week, and I have made a total of just over $42,000!!!! And it's still
    coming in!!! It's certainly worth $5.00 and 5 stamps. I spent more
    that that on the lottery! Let me tell you how this works and most
    importantly, WHY IT WORKS. Also, make sure you print a copy of this
    article now, so you can get the info you need off of it as you need it.

    The process is very simple and consists of 3 easy steps:

    STEP 1: Get 5 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each
    piece of paper: "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST" Now get 5 $1.00
    bills and place ONE inside of EACH of the 5 pieces of paper so the bill
    will not be seen through the envelope to prevent thievery. Next, place
    one paper in each of the 5 envelopes and seal them. You should now
    have
    5 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the above phrase
    and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service by this.
    THIS IS PERFECTLY LEGAL! Mail the 5 envelopes to the following
    addresses:

    1. Scott Hilterbran
    222 W. Pleasant St.
    Hillsboro, OH 45133

    2. Paul Mewes
    5550 Fillmore St.
    Merrillville, IN 46410

    3. Scott Brkovich
    2251 Sandhurst Dr.
    Castle Rock, CO 80104

    4. Anne E. Ryan
    421 E. 32nd St.
    Hibbing, MN 55746

    5. Adam Pearce
    2260 W. Stoll Rd.
    Lansing, MI 48906

    Continue to STEP 2.

    STEP 2: Now take the number 1 name off of the list that you see above,
    move the other names up (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3, etc...), and add
    YOUR
    name and address as number 5 on the list.

    STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as
    close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at
    least 200 newssgroups. (I think there are close to 18,000) All you
    need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make!
    Don't know HOW to post in the news groups? Well, do exactly the
    following:

    FOR NETSCAPE USERS:

    1) Click on any news group, like normal. Then click on 'To News',
    which is in the top left corner of the news group page. This will
    bring
    up a message box.

    2) Fill in the SUBJECT with a flashy title, like the one I used,
    something to catch the eye!

    3) Now go to the message part of the box and retype this letter
    exactly
    as it is here, with the exception of your few changes. (Remember to
    add
    your name to number 5 and move the rest up)

    4) When you're done typing in the WHOLE letter, click on 'FILE' above
    the send button. Then 'SAVE AS' DO NOT SEND YOUR ARTICLE UNTIL YOU
    SAVE
    IT!!!!!!!!! (So you don't have to retype this 200+ times!!:)

    5) Now that you have saved the letter, go ahead and send your first
    cope! (Click the 'SEND' button in the top left corner)

    6) This is where you post all 200! Ok, go to ANY news group article
    and click the 'TO NEWS' button again. Type in your flashy subject in
    the 'SUBJECT BOX', then go to the message and place your cursor here.
    Now, click on 'ATTACHMENT' which is right below the 'SUBJECT BOX'.
    Click on attach file, then find your letter wherever you saved it.
    Click once on your file the click 'OPEN' then click 'OK'. If you did
    this right, you should see your filename in the 'ATTACHMENT BOX' and it
    will be shaded. NOW POST AWAY!!!!!

    IF YOU ARE USING INTERNET EXPLORER:

    It's just as easy, holding down the left mouse button, highlight this
    entire article, then press the 'CTRL' key and 'C' key at the same time
    to copy this article. Then, print the article for your records to have
    the names of those you will be sending $1.00 to.

    NEXT: Go to the news groups and press 'POST AN ARTICLE', type in your
    flashy subject and click the large window below. Press 'CTRL' and 'V',
    and the article will appear in the message window.

    BE SURE TO MAKE YOUR ADDRESS CHANGES TO THE 5 NAMES!!! Now,
    re-highlight the article and re-copy it so you have the changes....
    Then, all you have to do for each news group is 'CTRL' and 'V' and
    press
    'POST'. It's that easy! THAT'S IT! All you have to do is jump to
    different news groups and post away. After you get the hang of it, it
    will take about 30 seconds for each news group! REMEMBER, THE MORE
    NEWS
    GROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL MAKE! BUT YOU HAVE TO POST
    A MINIMUM OF 200!!!!!!!!!!!

    That's it! You will begin receiving money from around the world within
    days! You may eventually want to rent a P.O. Box due to the large
    amount of mail you receive. If you wish to stay anonymous, you can
    invent a name to us, as long as the postman will deliver it.

    **JUST MAKE SURE ALL OF THE ADDRESSES ARE CORRECT!!!!!!!!!**

    Now the WHY part: Out of 200 postings, say I receive only 5 replies (a
    very low example). So, then I made $5.00 with my name at #5 on the
    letter. Now, each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1.00 make the
    MINIMUM 200 postings, each with my name at #4, and only 5 people
    respond
    to each of the orginal 5. That is another $25.00 for me, now those 25
    each make 200 minimum posts with my name at #3, and only 5 replies
    each,
    I will bring in an additional $626!! Ok, now here is the fun part.
    Each of those 625 people post a MINIMUM 200 letters with my name at #1,
    and they each only receive 5 replies, that just make me $3,125!!! With
    an original investment of only $5.00!!! AMAZING!! And as I said, 5
    So,
    let's put those figures at just 15 respones per person. Here is what
    you will make: At #5: $15, at #4: $225, at #3: $3,375, at #2:
    $50,625, at #1: $759,375!!!!!!
    When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the
    latest
    posting in the news groups, and send out another $5.00 to names on the
    list, putting you at #5. And start posting! The thing to remember is,
    do you realize that thousands of people over the world are joining the
    internet and reading these articles everyday, JUST LIKE YOU ARE NOW!
    So
    can you afford $5.00 and see if it really works? I think so... People
    have said, 'What if the plan is played out and happening when there are
    tons of new honest users and new honest people who are joining the
    internet and news groups everyday and are willing to give it a try?'
    Estimates are at 20,000-50,000 new users every day, with thousands of
    those joining the actual internet. Remember, play FAIRLY AND HONESTLY
    and this will work. You just have to be honest. Make sure you print
    this article out RIGHT NOW also. Try to keep a list of everyone that
    sends you money, and always keep an eye on the news groups to make sure
    everyone is playing fairly. Remember, HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!!!
    You don't need to cheat the basic idea to make the money! GOOD LUCK to
    all and please play fairly and reap the huge rewards from this, which
    is
    tons of EXTRA CASH.
    **BY THE WAY: If you try to deceive people by posting the
    messages
    with your name in the list and not sending the money to the rest of the
    people already on the list, you will NOT get as much. Someone I talked
    to knew someone who did that, and he only made about $150 and that's
    after 7 or 8 weeks! Then he sent the 5 $1.00 bills, people added them
    to their lists, and in 4-5 weeks, he had over $10k. This is the
    fairest
    and most honest way I have ever seen to share the wealth of the world
    without costing anything but our time! You also may want to buy
    mailing
    and e-mail lists for future dollars. PLEASE REMEMBER TO DECLARE YOUR
    EXTRA INCOME!!!!!!**"

    co_form, Sep 21, 2005

  2. co_form

    SgtMinor Guest

    English major, I'm guessing. Repeat after me: "Can I supersize that for
    you?"

    SgtMinor, Sep 21, 2005

  3. co_form

    Rich Wilson Guest

    If you miss the bit where you send the money to the other people do you
    still get your $10,000?!

    Rich Wilson, Sep 21, 2005
  4. co_form

    Mitch Guest

    I think two of the funniest clues about this scam:
    No one at the Post Office will say anything like that.
    Apparently, all you have to do is tell people someone called at some
    time, and they'll just believe you.
    And in every single message, the person has already done it and already
    received tons of money. No one is ever beginning anything. It's already
    been done, and paid off wildly, and the world is getting rich.

    Mitch, Sep 22, 2005
  5. co_form

    Rich Wilson Guest

    LOL... I completely missed that... the original message must have been
    written 3 weeks *after* it was posted...!

    Rich Wilson, Sep 22, 2005
  6. wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    snip

    Weathly?

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 22, 2005
  7. Well of course they've already become rich. You don't think they'd
    tell their secrets before they've had a chance to get rich do you?
    <g>

    Top

    Top (retired), Sep 22, 2005