This DOES gmail:smtp BUT...

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by Avoid9Pdf, Mar 13, 2013.

  1. Avoid9Pdf

    Avoid9Pdf Guest

    Subject: bash re-direction?

    This is not what's normaly refered to by bash re-direction,
    but I don't know what to call it.

    It's about `echo` & `cat`

    It's about "he said, she said, he said", when several processes are
    'cascaded'. It's not obvious who is talking.

    BTW if you've also been sweating-blood to get gmail to
    smtp NON-http, this finally did it for me:
    openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:465 -crlf -ign_eof
    BUT!!
    Who's talking to the remote server, after I enter that line in bash?

    Is `openssl` outputting to the inetStak and inputting from the keyboard.
    BUT!!
    When I wrap the dialog in `expect`, the last stage: after `DATA`
    doesn't echo any more. But when I keyin/paste, each stage
    gives the echo-confirm and the email arrives.

    Obviously, I want to wrap my email-body to send with one action.
    How would I do that?

    I've just remembered that I've got a bash-scrip from <?Jonston?>;
    so I'll see if that explains it.

    == TIA.

    Avoid9Pdf, Mar 13, 2013