    adaware 6
    frayed nerves.

    Thanks

    Calimero, May 30, 2004

  2. Calimero

    Scraggy Guest

    Google www.google.com

    Scraggy, May 30, 2004

  3. Calimero

    °Mike° Guest

  4. Calimero

    Unk Guest

    It's a trojan.
    http://www.moosoft.com/products/cleaner/search/?action=view-trojan&query=thinstaller

    Free online virus scanners

    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=sym
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp
    http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/onlineviruscheck.html
    http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    Another possibility is to borrow a second computer with
    anti-virus software on it, and put that HDD in it as a slave, and run the
    anti-virus software to clean it up.

    Anti-trojan software
    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au

    Spyware resources:

    Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
    updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Advertising Spyware: Blackstone Data Transponder and its derivatives
    http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

    Here's an option to scan your PC under "Do You Have Parasites?"
    http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.htm

    Unk, May 30, 2004
  5. Calimero

    Calimero Guest

    Ok so I took your advice guys, ran THe Cleaner and it deleted a virus called
    "small" which it found in 6 different locations
    I had to download both msn messenger and media player again but thinstaller
    is still there cos my firewall (zone alarm) tells me it is trying to call
    out.
    so I reboot and I got this popup asking me if I want ringtones for my
    mobile.
    Any ideas on this please.

    Calimero, May 30, 2004
  6. Calimero