    camera? One thing I need, in particular, is a good macro function for
    small details.

    Marshall

    Marshall Schuon, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Marshall Schuon

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you want to go the Olympus route, you should take a very serious look at
    the 8080. You will get a lot more performance for the difference of price.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Hi gang,

    As I said, I'm thinking about an Olympus C770 digital. Anyone have
    any thoughts, kudos, cautions, or other recommendations for a similar

    Jerry G., Nov 29, 2004

  3. Marshall Schuon

    TRR Guest

    Can't argue with the previous post except to say my C755 has proven
    excellent in everything but low light..... kind of hard to frame the
    shot at night unless there are lights to aim at. However, I've been
    told all the multi mega pixel cameras share this characteristic. Good
    luck whatever you decide..its all great fun. TRR

    TRR, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Marshall Schuon

    zach Guest

    I'm assuming you have tried manual mode, resetting the ISO to 400
    (which helps right away, at least as output to the LCD), and lowering
    the aperture number?

    zach, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Marshall Schuon

    Cynthia P Guest

    I'd think you'd like it. I've long been an Olympus fan and currently
    own a C3030. I use its macro a lot for eBay shots... if anything,
    sometimes they get TOO detailed, LOL!

    Every darn speck of dust and little imperfection on an item will show.
    <G>

    Cynthia

    Cynthia P, Nov 30, 2004
  6. I have a C750, it too is good for makro.

    I recently bought an adaptor which enables me to go in even closer. I ws
    actually just buying the adaptor to attach a 52mm filter, but I ws talked into a
    wide angle lens to go with it. This is actually a two piece affair, one piece
    being a close up lens.

    There is an example here (without the extra lens):
    http://www.cginternet.net/bug

    This little guy was swinging around in the breeze on a fine thread, just about
    visible inone shot. I just fixed the focus at about 2" and let the camera fire
    away. About 30 shots in all. Then I chose the best.

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Christopher Pollard, Nov 30, 2004