Thinking about MCSE. Could use some help.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jim, Aug 6, 2003.

    I agree. HR depts many times have no idea how to find what is needed for the
    job.
    I never claimed it would. However, I do disagree somewhat. Part of a higher
    education is "learning how to learn". An inexperienced college educated
    person will have an easier time learning the non-microsoft related tasks of
    a job than an inexperience uneducated MCSE. Though the MCSE can hit the
    ground running at the start where the college person won't, in the long run
    the college educated person will eventually surpass the MCSE on the job.
    Unless the job you are hiring for is short term, or is completely Microsoft
    tasks only, the immediate benefit of the MCSE does not outweigh the longterm
    benefit of the college person.
    No, but it's a moot point because it doesn't relate to an inexperienced MCSE
    an in inexperienced college grad. Experience *IS* an education.
    I never said it is a significant sign of intelligence. It is an issue of who
    is better prepared to work in the industry.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Jim

    billyw Guest

    i view things in a more general way.. for instance the way we measure IQ is
    a joke.. you'd be as well testing for tall people.
    as for the ability to learn, well that is more a confidence thing than
    anything else (with most people). have you ever read a text book from around
    1901, according to that women were stupid and anyone not white was even
    thicker... is that the case today (or then for that matter), no because
    women now have the confidence to learn and progress, where previously there
    was none... so no the college thing doesn't tech you to learn it teaches you
    to have confidence in your own abilities.

    billyw, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Jim

    billyw Guest

    what we still dont have half the planet???

    they are great reads... i have to agree..

    billyw, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Jim

    billyw Guest

    wrong.. there are people with MCSE's that are in their late 30's and above
    that quite frankly wipe the floor with some 20 odd something stuck up arse

    billyw, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Jim

    Jtyc Guest

    wrong.. there are people with MCSE's that are in their late 30's and above
    I like the intangibles that a prior military person brings to the table.

    Jtyc, Aug 7, 2003
  6. including the navy boys? lol

    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 7, 2003

  7. I don't know anyone in their late 30's that aren't experienced. For someone
    who is speaking "in general" you are certainly focusing on a small fraction
    of the populace.

    Politician Spock, Aug 7, 2003
  8. Jim

    Jtyc Guest

    including the navy boys? lol

    Everyone except them.

    Jtyc, Aug 7, 2003
  9. Jim

    billyw Guest

    rather large fraction considering the west's aging populations

    billyw, Aug 7, 2003
  10. Jim

    billyw Guest

    funnily i my exp. ex mil people are either really good workers, or
    disastrously bad...

    billyw, Aug 7, 2003
  11. Jim

    Jtyc Guest

    funnily i my exp. ex mil people are either really good workers, or
    Yes. There are some real shitbirds out there. You still have to screen
    them. I suggest asking them for their DD214 (or equivilent) and look for
    any awards.

    Jtyc, Aug 7, 2003
  12. Jim

    Jtyc Guest

    There are some real shitbirds out there.
    I beg to differ. I did two tours on ship and I can say that without a
    doubt, the Navy is over running with them.

    Jtyc, Aug 7, 2003
  13. Jim

    Gary - US Guest

    Hell yes. That's even better to start with, then college, then certs.

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Aug 8, 2003
  14. Jim

    Gary - US Guest

    HAHA.....damn C you are stuck on that one aren't you? I must admit it has a
    nice arc and good distance. I give it an 8.5

    Gary - US, Aug 8, 2003