Think I am MCSA now, now what for MCSE?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by adamc, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. adamc

    adamc Guest

    Hello everyone,

    today I passed exam 70-291 (thank God!) I have passed the below also:

    291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Network Infrastructure

    290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment

    271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating
    System

    270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP
    Professional.

    272 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System

    I am already a MCDST and now I think I am MCSA (once my transcript updates).

    Can any one suggest as path for MCSE? How many exams do I need and in what
    sections? I am a bit confused my the mcp site as I thought I was almost
    there and it seems I need a lot more but maybe I am reading it wrong, any
    help would be great.

    Thanks

    adamc, Apr 29, 2006

  2. adamc

    Garth H Guest

    The real question is should you go for MCSE 2003, or add the Security
    and/or Messaging specialties to your MCSA?

    Security will only take two more exams and Messaging one more.

    MCSE will take 4 more exams all focused on design.

    IMHO, I'd add security to your MCSA and then work on your MCSE.

    Garth H, Apr 30, 2006