Things to photograph in the Caribbean - Help please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim, Jun 3, 2006.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi

    My mates just come back from a tour in Iraq and wants to go holiday - the
    way our diaries pan out it's going to be in about 3-4 weeks if we can get
    our act together

    This doesn't leave a whole load of time to research for the trip

    The plan so far is to island hop with 4-5 nights at each stop - staying at
    all inclusive places as at least we can sort that out quickly from this end
    before we go

    From the research I've done so far it looks like St Lucia is a must see
    after that it's anything goes

    We can go for a max of 20 nights

    So the question finally......apart from just about everything, what are the
    must see, must photograph places around the Caribbean that you can think
    of?? It's going to have to be fairly mainstream stuff as we aren't in a
    position to go hiring private boats or helicopters etc to reach remote
    places (If only!)

    Thanks for any help

    Tim

    Tim, Jun 3, 2006

  2. Tim

    Stewy Guest

    Island hopping on banana boats (http://www.geestline.com/) may be
    possible. If you can beg, borrow or .... some snorkelling gear (and
    possibly an underwater housing for your camera) try that.

    Be sure to sample the Jamaican weed.

    How brown are you? Caribbean sun can be pretty powerful especially if
    you're wet.

    The caribbean is a big place and trying to see everything is impossible
    - see http://www.caribbean.com/

    Stewy, Jun 6, 2006

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I'm hoping to get a cheapish underwater camera so I can get some shots of
    something

    After a couple of beers it makes me puke so I'll pass thanks - learnt that
    real quick!

    Yep factor 2000 suncream stuff required

    I know hence the post here - Thanks for the links I'll check then out

    Tim

    Tim, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Tim

    Stewy Guest

    I'm hoping to get a cheapish underwater camera so I can get some shots of
    something

    After a couple of beers it makes me puke so I'll pass thanks - learnt that
    real quick![/QUOTE]

    Cheap booze and good weed has always been a lethal combination.

    Stewy, Jun 9, 2006