These computers?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Forest, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Forest

    Forest Guest

    Forest, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Forest

    MRe Guest

    They look like Pro-Star computers. Absolute junk! (You get what you pay for)

    MRe, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Forest

    JustJoe Guest

    Follow the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

    The only one that even seems cheap is the first one and I would not get it
    because I am not even sure what a "Power saving 1 Giga Pro mobile Crusoe®
    processor " is or how it compares with well know ones.

    This I can say with an informed opinion. 2 months ago I bought at Circuit
    City a Compaq laptop with a 2 gig celeron with very similar specs to the
    second one that is $950. I paid $999 for mine but it had $250 in rebates
    making the final price $750. So there is no way I would pay $950 for a brand
    I never heard of when I could have a Compaq for $200 less. Now this is not
    to say the computers on this site are bad but I would just feel like I have
    a much better chance of getting my Compaq repaired or replaced from Circuit
    City or Compaq than what you would getting a laptop from a no name fixed.
    Joe

    JustJoe, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Forest

    Forest Guest