    buffy Guest

    Do you really need thermal compound or is the combination of heat sink / fan
    enough????

    buffy, Oct 9, 2003

  2. I find a glass of cold water does the trick.....

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 9, 2003

  3. buffy

    °Mike° Guest

    Is your system experiencing heat problems?

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2003
  4. buffy

    Ghostrider Guest

    Thermal compound recommended due to the high temperatures that can
    occur with modern processors. However, thermal compound not needed
    if a thermal pad is already present on the bottom of the heatsink. If a pad
    is present, remember to peel off or remove the protective plastic cover.

    Ghostrider, Oct 9, 2003
  5. buffy

    DaveW Guest

    If it calls for thermal compound, the heat sink/fan is
    likely to be almost useless without it.

    DaveW, Oct 9, 2003
  6. buffy

    buffy Guest

    I'm going to install an Athlon XP 2600XP processor that has come with the
    heatsink and fan. Just wondering whether it needed any thermal compound
    cause it tralked about it at a couple of sites??

    buffy, Oct 9, 2003
  7. buffy

    Mike0000 Guest

    If the heatsink doesnt have a peel-off pad then you will need some.
    Remember, you can never use too little of the stuff.

    Mike0000, Oct 9, 2003
  8. buffy

    leftnutrzr Guest

    cute but NO
    sorry for the small flame but that's just messed up to tell someone

    leftnutrzr, Oct 10, 2003
  9. If the OP is able to ask questions about thermal compound, then I assume
    they have got enough common sense to ignore my facetious reply.......

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 10, 2003
  10. buffy

    DaveW Guest

    A VERY dangerous assumption to make.
    If you must assume anything, assume the OP is totally clueless,
    a 404, lacks any common sense, will do as you say w/o question.

    DaveW, Oct 10, 2003
  12. buffy

    Dead_Dad Guest

    i.e. "Yes, ma'am. I *understand* that it only says to put the next CD
    in now, but you need to take the first CD out /before/ you do that."

    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    Dead_Dad, Oct 14, 2003