    How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that than
    actually browsing.
    All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    richardbardsley, Nov 26, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    Guest Guest

    Although many sites have popups, they are often geared towards the audience
    that visit that site - so stop visiting porn sites.

    Have you tried the popup blocked built into your browser?

    Have you tried the Google or Yahoo freebie popup blockers?

    You get what you pay for. PopUpCop is better but not free (unfortunately it
    only works with IE).

    If you are getting them from e-mails then you don't have your e-mail client
    properly configured. For Microsoft e-mail clients, configure them to use
    the Restricted Sites security zone (which should be set on High).

    You might consider setting your e-mail client to read e-mails in plain-text
    format instead of HTML (but then the real problem is using the wrong
    security zone).

    Guest, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Do you have any sort of firewall?

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 26, 2005
  4. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In richardbardsley spewed forth:
    Add a hosts file -
    www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  5. richardbardsley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Nov 26, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    EricP Guest

    They should keep you amused for days then.

    EricP, Nov 26, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In EricP spewed forth:
    LOL!

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  8. richardbardsley

    James Guest

    Although i don't beleive a single word of the posts that have been going on
    for the past weeks or so, i thought a comment of:

    "Maybe AOL put popups on your pc?"

    ....would make me smile :)

    James, Nov 26, 2005
  9. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In James spewed forth:
    Makes me smile too <g>

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  10. richardbardsley

    TNKEV Guest

    that is telling of what *you* do online,stop looking at porno!

    DVDs are much better and they won't load a dialer on your DVD player!

    TNKEV, Nov 26, 2005
  11. richardbardsley

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Do they look like this?
    http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/
    Disable windows messenger service

    fred-bloggs, Nov 26, 2005
  12. http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk/ ?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 26, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    The Shed Guest

    By far the most irratating popup i have found so far is yourself Mr
    bardsley
    Put the damn thing back in the box,go back to the shop,explain to them
    that you are far to stupid to own such an advanced piece of
    technology,they will understand--probably give you vouchers you can
    spend in iceland/morrisons etc on some nice christmas lights --santa,all
    his reindeer and all.
    Please try to learn/read
    If not go here
    http://www.silverraven.com/fy.htm