    neville Guest

    which bit might do that.The fan is working but it smells plasticy in my
    room.

    neville, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Jesus wept, unplug the damned thing, take it downstairs and give it back
    to your dad.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 17, 2005

  3. The dickwad sitting at the keyboard. The more I read the more I'm inclined
    to agree that WHBT.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Feb 17, 2005
  4. neville

    Yddap Guest

    In
    Nee - vile
    Plonk !

    Yddap, Feb 17, 2005
  5. neville

    SgtMinor Guest

    Be patient, and just leave it alone. When the part in question begins
    to smoke it will be real easy to find.

    SgtMinor, Feb 17, 2005
  6. neville

    neville Guest

    if i installed linux would that help windows doesnt tell me much about my
    problems if i put linux in that could tell me more than a load of error
    codes.

    neville, Feb 17, 2005
  7. neville

    Scraggy Guest

    You think?

    Scraggy, Feb 17, 2005
  8. neville

    dadiOH Guest

    QUICK!!! THROW WATER ON IT.

    Generally, I would suggest you unplug it from the wall first but in your
    case....

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 17, 2005
  9. neville

    Brian G Guest

    Hi there Neville,

    ROTFLMAO

    You little wind-up merchant.

    I told you that your hand was not a good thermometer. Pehaps you took my
    advice and kept your hand clear and used your d**k instead.

    Now it's either your skin burning, or you've forgot to take the condom
    before you stuck it inside the case to take the temperature of your system?

    Brian G

    Brian G, Feb 17, 2005
  10. No shit?

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 17, 2005
  11. neville

    chuckie® Guest

    Probably the stuff your mum put on the furniture and such to keep your drool
    from soaking in...

    chuckie®, Feb 18, 2005
  12. neville

    elaich Guest

    Like I said earlier, the little man inside your computer probably died.
    That's where the smell is coming from.

    elaich, Feb 18, 2005
  13. neville

    Parko Guest

    Oooh, yeah. Stuff like this:
    Feb 15 01:03:01 localhost cups: cupsd shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:03 localhost shutdown: shutting down for system halt
    Feb 15 07:30:05 localhost dm: Display manager shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:05 localhost ntpd: ntpd shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:05 localhost xfs: xfs shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:06 localhost freshclam: freshclam shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:06 localhost xinetd: xinetd shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:06 localhost atd: atd shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:06 localhost bluetooth: hciattach shutdown failed
    Feb 15 07:30:06 localhost bluetooth: sdpd shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:06 localhost bluetooth: hcid shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:07 localhost crond: crond shutdown succeeded
    Feb 15 07:30:07 localhost cups: cupsd shutdown succeeded

    Real easy to parse. All in plain English.

    Parko, Feb 18, 2005
  14. neville

    Parko Guest

    Oh, and while I'm at it, here's another plain english example of a K3b
    log, nice'n' easy.

    Parko, Feb 18, 2005
  15. neville

    why? Guest

    That of course is one of the great benefits.

    Me

    why?, Feb 18, 2005
  16. neville

    Parko Guest

    Everything is logged or printed to screen, so sweet for troubleshooting.
    Like so:
    /home/gary/Original.paris.hilton.the.real.one37min41sec.wmv: OK
    /home/gary/flash-plugin-7_1.0.25-1.i386.rpm: OK
    /home/gary/mencanmultitask_1.asf: OK
    /home/gary/new_1.individual.net.getmsg: OK
    /home/gary/nvu-0_1.70-pc-fedora2-kde.tar.bz2: OK
    /home/gary/SunMicrosystemsWelcomeWebPageInfo_1.html: OK
    /home/gary/list_base_sys_20050217_172513.txt: OK
    /home/gary/backup_base_sys_20050217_172513.tar.bz2: OK
    /home/gary/list_base_user_gary_20050217_172513.txt: OK

    Parko, Feb 18, 2005
  17. neville

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Feb 18, 2005