    return

    Time to drag out my Argus C3 1956 photo with clear blue sky?
    http://www.fototime.com/3A548A515C8B19C/orig.jpg

    Frank ess, Dec 3, 2006

  2. Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    Ok, I have gone back and realigned my 'Now' picture to more closely
    match the 'Then' picture. I don't have Photoshop, so I just have to
    eyeball it and crop and resize it using the tools I have. It still
    isn't a perfect match. Maybe someday when I can afford Photoshop, I
    will be able to do a better job.

    Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Gary Edstrom

    Paul Allen Guest

    And for me in FF 1.5.0.7 under Linux.
    Yup, fun stuff. Reminds me of Paul Dorpat's weekly "Seattle Then and
    Now" column that's been running in the Seattle Times Pacific Magazine
    since 1982. I hope this sort of thing is happening in lots of towns.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Dec 4, 2006
  4. Gary Edstrom

    Paul Allen Guest

    The GIMP can do this sort of thing. It's not Photoshop, but it has
    most of Photoshop's functionality and it's free. It certainly knows
    how to register one layer with another.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Dec 4, 2006
  5. Gary Edstrom

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Photoshop Elements 3.0 has the ability to superimpose one picture on
    another for comparison, but it isn't located in the 'compare pictures'
    are, but in the process of making a panorama. Why this feature isn't in
    the compare photos operation is a mystery as the code is in the program.
    Perhaps this is in later version (4 or 5), and if someone can verify
    that it is, I will put it on my Christmas list.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 4, 2006
  6. I find it especially interesting that this is part of the section of
    US-101 where the NB and SB sides are separated by quite a bit. If I
    recall correctly, this was done in anticipation of the eventual
    interchange with the CA-2/Beverly Hills Freeway (which was killed by
    political opposition). I wonder if those plans still exist somewhere
    in the bowels of Caltrans.

    By the way, are there any plans cooking to extend the CA-2/Glendale
    Freeway from its current terminus (about halfway between I-5 and
    US-101) to a proper interchange with US-101?

    larry_scholnick, Dec 7, 2006
  7. Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    Thanks for the information. I was wondering why they had such a wide
    median in the area.

    Gary

    Gary Edstrom, Dec 7, 2006
  8. From checking aerial images of that area, I would say not, as there is what
    appears to me to be a hoity-toity gated subdivision that was built right in
    the ROW off of its end.

    See:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...63,-118.260012&spn=0.007286,0.017509&t=k&om=0

    --
    ___________________________________________ ____ _______________
    Regards, | |\ ____
    Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
    Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
    ___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________

    Michael G. Koerner, Dec 7, 2006
  9. Gary Edstrom

    ANTant Guest

    No problems in my SeaMonkey v1.0.6. I did notice I had to wait about 15
    seconds before the buttons worked.
    --
    "Thanks for giving me the courage to eat all those ants." --unknown
    /\___/\
    ( )

    ANTant, Dec 14, 2006
  10. Gary Edstrom

    ANTant Guest

    Very cool indeed. Are there more online photographs like these? I love
    seeing then and now of famous places.

    ANTant, Dec 14, 2006
  11. Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    I have several other good pictures taken the same day that match up with
    some old pictures from my father's collection. I just need some time to
    get around to aligning them and posting them on my web site.

    Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom, Dec 14, 2006
  12. Gary Edstrom

    Frank ess Guest

    Disinterring my post of a couple weeks ago (in this very thread!):
    =============
    I really enjoy this kind of thing. Part of one of my obsessions
    (Riverside International Raceway history) is doing Then and Nows of
    the old racing ground in Moreno Valley.

    Have you seen the Los Angeles Then and Now and Hollywood T&N books?
    Relatively inexpensive, and fodder for many a pleasant reverie to
    those who are familiar with the areas. Seems to me there are several
    other cities subjected to the T&N series, also.

    Fun stuff. Not all photography has to be artful or technophiliac.
    ==============

    And adding:

    I think there was quite a discussion on T&N photos, and at least one
    URL mentioned: can't find it now, but the fellow had a site with a
    pretty advanced image-alternating scheme.

    Frank ess, Dec 15, 2006
  13. Gary Edstrom

    ANTant Guest

    No, I have not seen the books. I am sure there are a few photographs
    online. I saw the one with New York city.

    ANTant, Dec 16, 2006
  14. Gary Edstrom

    ANTant Guest

    Today is one of those rare, ultra-clear days in the Los Angeles
    http://aqfl.net/?q=node/4240 (NY one)

    ANTant, Dec 16, 2006
  15. Gary Edstrom

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Dec 16, 2006
  16. Gary Edstrom

    cph1776 Guest

    I heard that they were planning to cut the 2 freeway back to the 5, and
    redevelop the land where the freeway "stub" is.....

    cph1776, Dec 22, 2006