    (I heard it on the radio today and was not able to write it down as I was
    driving!)

    Ta muchly

    Rifleman, May 27, 2004

  2. google: theme music TV series "The Civil War" - - -
    http://www.familytreemagazine.com/articles/oct00/songs.html

    The Songs Linger On

    Molly Mason admits she didn't know much about Civil War music when she and
    her husband, Jay Ungar, were tapped by Ken Burns to play the haunting
    soundtrack for "The Civil War" PBS-TV series. (Ungar wrote the now-famous
    "Ashokan Farewell" used by Burns as the epic documentary's theme.) "We
    didn't watch the footage," Mason says of the recording session for the
    soundtrack, "but Burns gave us emotional guidance for the music."

    --
    MBankaT
    ---------------------
    "Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me what the theme tune to the TV series "The Civil War"

    was?

    NevaYouMindWhoItAint, May 27, 2004

  3. Rifleman

    Bob Hopeless Guest

    > Can anyone tell me what the theme tune to the TV series "The Civil War"
    was?
    > (I heard it on the radio today and was not able to write it down as I was
    > driving!)
    >
    > Ta muchly

    "Ashokan Farewell"
    Written by Jay Ungar
    Performed by Fiddle Fever

    Bob Hopeless.

    Bob Hopeless, May 27, 2004
  4. Rifleman

    Rifleman Guest

    "Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me what the theme tune to the TV series "The Civil War"

    was?
    > (I heard it on the radio today and was not able to write it down as I was
    > driving!)
    >
    > Ta muchly

    Thanks very much peeps!

    Rifleman, May 27, 2004