The Volcano

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by ww_crimson, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. ww_crimson

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    This build is about 7-8 months old and no it's not godly because I was (and still am) on an incredibly tight budget.
    AMD "Barton" 3200+ XP (OC'd to 2.4)
    Asus A7n8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    2x256 Corsair XMS RAM Dual Channel
    1x256 Corsair XMS RAM
    MSI nVidia FX5900 XT (minor OC to 424mhz core clock)
    80gig S-ATA
    80gig ATA-100 HD (Got for free from my Physics Teacher)
    Thermaltake Volcano 9 Heatsink
    Samsung DVD-R/RW
    MSI CD-R
    Rosewill Case
    Logitech 5.1 Surround
    The cathode has recently burned out (I think I broke it) and I've done a significant amount of wire management, it's just not seen here.
    Also, this is my first build, the other computer is my friend's computer that he had built about a month before I built mine, he has very similar specs just a 3000 processor, 256 less ram, and a 9600 video card, not sure about his heatsink or hard drives.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    comments?
    *edit* for the WM, I ziptied almost all the cables together, ended up getting rid of a splitter that wasn't even really needed, tucked away all the excess into spare drive bays, and sliced my IDE cables then then ziptied them to make them round. I also have currently relocated my SATA hard drive to the cages on the bottom, and I cut out the case USB/Audio cables (huge grey ones).

    ww_crimson, Jul 1, 2005

  2. ww_crimson

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Me no like the Red cathode on sideways.... :(
    oh yer and never try to RMA Asus A7n8X-E Deluxe Mobo quickly!!! :|

    unholy, Jul 2, 2005

  3. ww_crimson

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, the cathode is gone now so... I was an idiot for putting it there. If I do ever get a new one I'll be mounting it above or below the window so it won't be so bright and ugly. Considering getting a new window and tinting it red.

    ww_crimson, Jul 2, 2005
  4. ww_crimson

    Blazin Trav

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    WM needs a lot of work...

    Blazin Trav, Jul 2, 2005
  5. ww_crimson

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    get some tape or cable ties... and tap it back and hold it together... my friend has like nothing in his case... one cable tie fixed it all :D

    unholy, Jul 2, 2005
  6. ww_crimson

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah as I said in the original post I've done a decent amount of wire management.. I'll take some new pics and upload them sometime soon. The wires are still visible because my case doesn't allow for anything to be put behind the motherboard (without tools, and I have NO tools so yeah), but they look pretty neat.

    ww_crimson, Jul 3, 2005
  7. ww_crimson

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i just noticed this... "80gig ATA-100 HD (Got for free from my Physics Teacher) "
    Man what did u do to get that... :| (i hope ur physics teacher isn't u know :|)
    ANYWAYS!!!! get some tools :|

    unholy, Jul 3, 2005
  8. ww_crimson

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nah, my Physics teacher is an AWESOME guy. He'd lecture for an hour then give us 45 minutes to do whatever we wanted, we brought PS2 and Xbox to his class almost every day. He was barely getting into building computers at the beginning of the year so one day I helped him build one, and then like 2 weeks later he said that he got an 80 gig hard drive from some lady at his other job and he didn't have any use for it so he gave it to me. He's really the best teacher I've ever had, his family (him included) went with me and like 20 of my friends to the midnight showing of starwars

    ww_crimson, Jul 3, 2005
  9. ww_crimson

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, god dam that woulda been a sick teacher to have :D

    unholy, Jul 4, 2005