    Do you really want your drugs to be manufactured according
    dictionary definitions or chemistry text book definitions?

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Aug 1, 2007

  2. javawizard

    krw Guest

    A pencil is a writing implement too. I bet he thinks one will write
    the next great American Novel.
    I think he gets his in a old run-down house down the street.

    krw, Aug 1, 2007

  3. javawizard

    Klokmeester Guest

    I prefer historically accurate facts, the kind you find in both.
    You need drugs if you think that has any relevance to what was being
    discussed.

    Klokmeester, Aug 1, 2007
  4. "Well, the concert is over, sir."
    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
    I have preferences.
    You have biases.
    He/She has prejudices.

    Gene Wirchenko, Aug 1, 2007
  5. javawizard

    John Varela Guest

    I started to write a similar response to him but then decided it would be a
    wasted effort.
    Which it was. This is either invincible ignorance or, more likely, he is
    trolling with a total lack of skill, finesse, and cleverness.
    It's high time we all just killfiled this jerk.

    John Varela, Aug 2, 2007
  6. javawizard

    Klokmeester Guest

    Who are you talking about, krw, jmfbahciv or both?

    Klokmeester, Aug 2, 2007
  7. javawizard

    krw Guest

    Klokmeester is the only one here fitting the description.

    krw, Aug 2, 2007
  8. "Perhaps, Madame, you could persuade this highly collectable (if
    much-repaired) wooden box to oblige us with an encore. I would be
    delighted to accompany at the piano personally, if you think that might be
    any inducement."

    Roland Hutchinson, Aug 2, 2007
  9. javawizard

    CBFalconer Guest

    Agreed. PLONK.

    CBFalconer, Aug 2, 2007
  10. javawizard

    jmfbahciv Guest

    You are using a definition from some dictionary to tell a person
    who has defined a lot of the words in the computer biz to tell
    him (and us) what the definition of a computer is. Since
    you are telling a person, who has made them, that he is wrong,
    you must prefer that chemists use dictionary definitions to
    do their work.

    My comment has everything to do with this arguement.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Aug 2, 2007
  11. javawizard

    jmfbahciv Guest

    I'm speaking through him. I suspect that there exist a lot of
    misinformed youngsters out there.
    Nah, it's NIH syndrome.
    And allow his stupidity to not be countered? No way.
    Look at all the newsgroups who are have had the wrong defintion.
    We in a.f.c. even have one who is agreeing with him indirectly.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Aug 2, 2007
  12. javawizard

    jmfbahciv Guest

    Now you are simply being intellectually dishonest.

    /BAH

    jmfbahciv, Aug 2, 2007
  13. javawizard

    Klokmeester Guest

    Wrong, again.

    You must be trolling...

    Klokmeester, Aug 2, 2007
  14. javawizard

    krw Guest

    Trolling while calling others trolls is a sure sign of a troll.

    krw, Aug 2, 2007
  15. "Will the piano sound as good as your violin?"

    Gene Wirchenko, Aug 2, 2007
  16. javawizard

    Klokmeester Guest

    The person who coined the term "computer" where it relates to a person using
    a tool to aid in computing numbers is as valid today as it was before
    digital electronic computers came into existance. Both by definition are
    still referring to the same thing because no matter whether the device has a
    method of storing numbers or calculating a result without human intervention
    the ability for that device to be able to do the calculating still has to
    have been programmed into the computer by a person at some point.

    A collection of silicon is no more effective at calculating then an Abacus
    is.

    Penicillin is still Penicillin and it's origins remain...
    Ok then, if you insist.

    Klokmeester, Aug 3, 2007
  17. javawizard

    Klokmeester Guest

    No need to explain yourself to me, it's self evident.

    Klokmeester, Aug 3, 2007
  18. javawizard

    John Varela Guest

    Or wit. He lacks wit as well. And that's the most egregious fault in a
    troller.

    John Varela, Aug 3, 2007
  19. javawizard

    Klokmeester Guest

    Speaks volumes of the wit in those that keep replying then doesn't it if it
    were indeed a troll.

    Klokmeester, Aug 3, 2007
  20. javawizard

    krw Guest

    Precisely. Who was it that called whom a troll? Your case isn't
    rested. It's dead, Jim.

    krw, Aug 3, 2007