    the ultimate lens for either the Nikon D100 or the Fuji S2. Forget money
    right now... And I am talking about Zoom Lens...

    Thanks

    Steve, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Steve

    FOR7b Guest

    Ok I would like to know from some of you pro's I would like to know what is
    Nikon has a very nice 24-120mm lens. Have only heard good things about it
    besides some expected distortion. Would make for a great all in one lens for
    like traveling. There are of course some 28-200/300mm lenses that sacrifice
    some quality for convenience.

    FOR7b, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Steve

    Mark M Guest

    Ultimate lens...for WHAT???

    Wildlife?
    Portraits?
    Landscapes?

    Mark M, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Steve

    Mike Graham Guest

    Duct-tape it to the Hubble. That ought to do it.

    mike 'at' metalmangler.com |

    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>

    Mike Graham, Sep 7, 2003
  5. http://tinyurl.com/mk8u

    Howard McCollister, Sep 7, 2003
  6. A friend has that 24-120, and I've been tempted. My proposed lens in
    extended the ratio. And of course made it faster.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 7, 2003

  7. There have been significant problems with Nikon's 24-120 G AF-S VR zoom
    lens, at least with the early serial numbers. Very well documented instances
    of noticeable softness along the right side of the image due to problems
    with lens element assembly, apparently. That lens has also had a problem
    with incorrect barrel assembly, which some buyers found when they attached
    the included scalloped lens hood, and found that the attachment points were
    45 degrees off. So, the hood was more of a lens flare *creator* than an item
    of prevention.

    I have one of these lenses backordered. I hope the reason for the backorder
    is a delay while they get their assembly ducks in a row.

    The other issue with this and some of the other VR lenses is problems with
    poorly assembled or dirty electrical contacts. A number of people have
    mentioned problems with their VR lenses not working at all, either DOA, or
    working for awhile then stopping, then working again.

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Sep 7, 2003