    essential here?

    Not wild about this digipak thing. Would rather have a keepcase any day.
    But I'm glad the movie is anamorphic now anyway.

    BNE, Oct 28, 2004

  2. BNE wrote:

    > There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is there
    > one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni?

    It doesn't have a booklet: see Josh Zyber's reply in this thread...

    <http://google.com/groups?threadm=Oi0dd.2190%24ta5.488%40newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "Blame it on the satellite that beams me home..."
    --Radiohead

    Douglas Bailey, Oct 28, 2004

  3. BNE

    fredman Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:08:52 GMT, BNE <> wrote:

    >There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is there
    >one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni? And if there is one,
    >should I exchange my copy? I mean, am I missing anything jaw-droppingly
    >essential here?
    >
    >Not wild about this digipak thing. Would rather have a keepcase any day.
    >But I'm glad the movie is anamorphic now anyway.

    I actually went to Dvdcompare on this (at someone's suggestion) and
    the differences between versions are the new anamorphic transfer and
    addition of a Spanish 5.1 track vs. non-anamorphic but with isolated
    score track (accessed via one of the extras). Everything else is
    shared on both versions, so it's the new transfer in a digipak vs. the
    isolated score in an amaray. I also had the original, so I swapped
    discs and kept the amaray case, but gave up the isolated score. No
    sooner do we kill snappers than digipaks appear. Damnation!

    fredman, Oct 28, 2004
  4. BNE

    Ed Kim Guest

    BNE wrote:
    > There's a pocket for one, but mine didn't have a booklet in it. Is

    there
    > one, or is this a weird packaging goof by Uni? And if there is one,
    > should I exchange my copy? I mean, am I missing anything

    jaw-droppingly
    > essential here?
    >
    > Not wild about this digipak thing. Would rather have a keepcase any

    day.
    > But I'm glad the movie is anamorphic now anyway.

    Does this dvd have forced trailers?

    wondering...

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Oct 28, 2004
  5. BNE

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Ed Kim" <> wrote:

    > Does this dvd have forced trailers?
    >
    > wondering...

    No. Amazingly, Universal has done away with all forced trailers on their
    more recent releases.

    What's even more amazing about it is there hasn't been so much as a peep
    about it in this group. That's a little strange when you take into
    account that just 8 months ago, 4 out of every 10 posts here was about
    Universal's forced trailers.

    > -goro-

    and neither do we." - George Dubya Bush

    Vote Kerry 2004

    Black Locust, Oct 28, 2004
  6. BNE

    Ed Kim Guest

    Black Locust wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "Ed Kim" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does this dvd have forced trailers?
    > >
    > > wondering...

    > No. Amazingly, Universal has done away with all forced trailers on

    their
    > more recent releases.
    >
    > What's even more amazing about it is there hasn't been so much as a

    peep
    > about it in this group. That's a little strange when you take into
    > account that just 8 months ago, 4 out of every 10 posts here was

    about
    > Universal's forced trailers.

    this is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! i was on the Universal boycott, so i had
    alrady decided to not buy the THING SE, but if the forced trailers are
    gone, Uni's back in the game, babeeee!!!

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Oct 29, 2004
  7. BNE

    Ed Kim Guest

    Black Locust wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "Ed Kim" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does this dvd have forced trailers?
    > >
    > > wondering...

    > No. Amazingly, Universal has done away with all forced trailers on

    their
    > more recent releases.
    >
    > What's even more amazing about it is there hasn't been so much as a

    peep
    > about it in this group. That's a little strange when you take into
    > account that just 8 months ago, 4 out of every 10 posts here was

    about
    > Universal's forced trailers.
    >
    > > -goro-

    > --
    > "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
    > They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our

    people,

    Ed Kim, Oct 29, 2004