    "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Telecom
    because its content was used without permission"

    but they've left their other unauthorised advertising online.

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006

  2. -=rjh=-

    Crains Guest

    haha Just let them try and stop the internet :)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1208045826218352411&q=telecom

    Crains, May 24, 2006

  3. -=rjh=-

    Nova Guest

    Nova, May 24, 2006
  4. -=rjh=-

    joe_90 Guest

    There is a suggestion on geekzone that Xtra's mail servers are dropping
    messages that contain a URL for the spoof video. It may just be a nasty
    rumour, but raises interesting questions regarding T&C's and net
    censorship. I hope it is not true.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=568

    joe_90, May 24, 2006
  5. -=rjh=-

    Who Me Guest

    Its still available on google video
    go to http://video.google.com/ and search for telecom
    If you want to save a copy as AVI this site shows you how
    http://aikaterna.livejournal.com/317.html

    Who Me

    Who Me, May 24, 2006
  6. -=rjh=-

    Vista Guest

    If they still had a news server, they may do it for that too. However I very
    much doubt they would be dropping messages, as I doubt they have the
    technology to do it.

    Vista, May 24, 2006
  7. -=rjh=-

    Eric Stevens Guest

    Is it entirely coincidence that my download speed suddenly dropped to
    a level where the advertisement is almost entirely unintelligible?

    How do I know the speed has dropped? See http://www.dumeter.com/

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, May 24, 2006
  8. -=rjh=-

    TKKGHCMT Guest

    Download the AVI file from:
    http://vp.video.google.com/videodownload?version=0&secureurl=xgAAAG7ggqAHSiJjpW0D3w4aYTUD6rNqgE0x4Z-
    _o4b0Ctoi9C8WDtck5tSI0J60f4J_oNZtA96uXSTgin5dYoblt10Agp2fjnksq4HvCOiE_3lrW7C
    orl_PpzD2Fe_k3kzCW
    L9l5mKhb03Wn5Jddm6AT2h5dHKC9dOWk8B1APeo0ahaygR7FPAewb45iIlPMX-
    _qYOAwKefVLbhdgxzrev3zWzMrnAIx0lEl95d47hER3DBUCM7ovPI3FjAK0n0fFkvl-
    TyQK02EyZwLRn4WHubB3g&sigh=LbICfWNBVi0os-T787p9LezhI6M&begin=0&len=96057&doc
    id=-
    1208045826218352411

    ( or: http://tinyurl.com/f3xem )

    TKKGHCMT, May 24, 2006
  9. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Seems unlikely but easy enough to prove.

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006
  10. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006
  11. -=rjh=-

    Craig Shore Guest

    Couldn't they easily add something into their spam filtering to stop it?

    Craig Shore, May 24, 2006
  12. Dropping e-mail messages would be a piece of cake. They already filter
    their staff e-mail, and this would just be another keyword to match and
    drop. The technology is readily available, and I'm pretty sure you can get
    OSS that will do it so it's not like it even has to cost anything.

    Matthew Poole, May 24, 2006
  13. -=rjh=-

    Mutlley Guest

    Not a rumor but true..

    Mutlley, May 24, 2006
  14. -=rjh=-

    Nova Guest

    Heh why do you think it would be unlikely? They forced another site to
    remove it for breach of copyright. Do you think they are going to let
    their own users do it? :)

    Seems very likely :)

    Nova, May 24, 2006
  15. -=rjh=-

    none Guest

    Not a rumor but true..

    Any evidence to go with that... I've sent it to Xtra accounts and it go
    there no probs.

    none, May 25, 2006
  16. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    Surely this is a parody so therefor fair use is applicable however?

    Richard, May 25, 2006
  17. -=rjh=-

    Mutlley Guest

    One of our guys at work here sent the link to his home address (xtra)
    last nite and it never arrived..

    However the article I think was talking about Telecom's internal mail
    servers which were blocked first thing Monday..

    Mutlley, May 25, 2006
  18. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    I still say it is very unlikely - while they have every right to look
    small minded and petty by removing the video from a public site, they
    have a right to do so.

    But scanning people's email for content? It would be a PR disaster.

    -=rjh=-, May 25, 2006
  19. YouTube apparently have a reputation for not standing up to anyone over
    anything. Demonstrate some kind of copyright hold on the material and it's
    gone, fair use or no.

    Matthew Poole, May 25, 2006
  20. And that would stop them why?

    Matthew Poole, May 25, 2006