The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications (on Windows 20

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    ====================================
    Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4
    ====================================

    Yesterday I have deleted Trojan horse Downloader.Agent.AS using AVG 6.0.
    Today I have got the following error message via Message Box.

    ====================================
    16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS
    and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

    What should I do?

    Thanks.
    Alex Vinokur
    http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

    Alex Vinokur, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    [snip]

    Copy %SystemRoot%\Repair\autoexec.nt to %SystemRoot%\System32.
    The problem has been fixed owing to an advice in
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=.

    Alex Vinokur, Oct 21, 2004