    Thanks so much for your kind assistance, my two aunts will appreciate
    it, too.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Jan 31, 2007

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    Roy Guest

    What distance is next to each other? Why not run a telephone cable or
    use an extended range multihandset wireless telephone?

    Roy, Jan 31, 2007

  3. Ramon F Herrera

    Terry Guest

    Ols Avaya 206.

    TerryS

    Terry, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Ramon,

    If you can run a direct wire between them, there are two ways to solve
    the problem:

    1. Construct an intercom circuit and use separate phones
    2. Use "Field" phones like the Army sells surplus

    HTH.

    William
    (Filter noise from my address for direct replies)

    William Warren, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Ramon F Herrera

    Carl Navarro Guest

    Probablhy. Something with handset to base communications. I have a
    Panasonic with dual handsets, but I've never really tried to
    communicate handset to handset.

    Of course. You probably need to be within 500 feet and need 4 wires
    to make the really inexpensive Tie 612/616 blue boxes work. Probably
    $50 and a few buxks shipping could get you a cabinet and 3 phones.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, Feb 1, 2007
  6. Ramon F Herrera

    Steven Stone Guest

    A pair of inexpensive FRS radios with PL (tone encoding), maybe even a
    digital xmit mode.

    Steven Stone, Feb 1, 2007
  7. You can use IP-telephony, a tiny asterisk installation and a few
    handsets. You may use WiFi to reach the other party.

    Another solution is a DECT bridge between two DECT base stations.

    Both of these have ranges of a few hundred meters if you install them
    right.

    Use radio if you can.

    -- mrr

    morten reistad, Feb 2, 2007