    to sneak up on my son and dog and run off a bunch of shots before they
    woke up. (OK, it was taken at f/2.2, ISO 100, 1/60. But the point remains.)

    http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/2120267/37#157091883-L-LB

    Cynicor, May 29, 2007

  2. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    Nice shot, great son, good dog ... you are lucky!

    Camera?

    Charles, May 29, 2007

  3. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    No thanks, I already have a few.

    OH! I see. Nikon D200. Son is 12 years old, looks like he's 16.

    Cynicor, May 29, 2007
  4. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    Yes, he does. The Nikon is working well with that Sigma lens. Is the
    auto-focus quick and accurate?

    Charles, May 29, 2007
  5. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is known for that type of distortion. There
    should be a PS Sigma 30/1.4 plugin that will correct it, but an
    unfortunate side effect is that it will turn the mutt into a pup.
    Would you happen to have an extra D200 or two to spare? It would be
    much safer in my hands than in those of a yoot that hasn't yet
    gotten his hormone management skills into shape. In exchange I can
    offer a valuable, pristene, never used Win2000 package. Maybe even
    throw in a copy of MSDOS v.6.21 for your son. He looks like a
    hacker that would know how to use and appreciate it.

    ASAAR, May 30, 2007
  6. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    The D200 is a pretty fast focuser, and the lens is a nice, quiet focuser
    too. Of course, if you shoot at 1.4 the depth is going to be razor-thin
    no matter what, but even handheld I was happy with the pictures I've gotten.

    Cynicor, May 30, 2007