    current bare-bones, non-anamorphic discs suck ass.

    Also, is there any possibility of a box set of the trilogy being
    released?

    Black Locust, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Black Locust

    Justin Guest

    Black Locust wrote on [Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:05:38 -0600]:
    I'd be happy if they called the 2nd movie by it's real name.

    Mad Max 2

    Justin, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Black Locust

    Heinrich Guest

    Hummmm? Pretty sure mine are anamorphic. Unless the boxes lie again!

    Heinrich, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Black Locust

    jayembee Guest

    No, there isn't.
    That's why I have the Japanese R2 boxed set of the three.
    Not in Region 1. Warner owns the rights to all three films outside of
    North America (which is why there's an R2 set), but MGM owns the
    rights to the first one in NA through their Orion catalog acquisition.
    And Warner and MGM aren't on speaking terms these days.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 10, 2003
  5. They are, the original poster hasn't figured out he
    has to turn the discs over to get the widescreen
    anamorphic editions.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    Pfff. For someone who likes to assume how I've watched a film, you sure
    don't know much about me. If you had bothered to read any one of the
    countless "widescreen" threads I've taken part in, you'd know that I'm a
    stringent widescreen supporter and would never willingly watch a "full
    screen" version of any movie; the Mad Max films included. I didn't
    realize they were anamorphic because A) I don't have an HDTV set and B)
    I don't own the DVD's(i was patiently waiting for special editions). I
    had merely rented them once. I care about anamorphic because I want all
    the DVD's I own to be future proof for when I do own an HDTV.

    Please never insinuate that I watch fool screen butcherings ever again.
    Thank you. :)

    Black Locust, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    Well Warner must not be getting enough pressure from the fans then.
    Where are all the Mad Max fans? I never see any posts about the trilogy
    in this group. I always assumed these were really popular movies, but
    maybe I assumed wrong.
    Well, that just sucks. But still, Warner needs to get on the ball. They
    seem to have no trouble throwing together an elaborate 3 disc set of
    Blade Runner(i know this is in limbo right now), so why not give the Mad
    Max sequels a similar treatment? These deserve better than just boring
    bare-bones treatments.

    Black Locust, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Black Locust

    Joe Liquor Guest

    "Black Locust" sez:
    HA! Future proof?!? You have maybe 5 more years before your dvds become
    obsolete and then you can look forward to buying the Mad Max movies (again)
    on the HD format and that's if MGM doesn't re-re-remaster them a couple more
    times to milk more money from the buyer.

    Joe Liquor, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    Boy, you sure haven't read up on HD-DVD much. Are you trying to tell me
    that over 50 million people are going to own $1000 HDTV sets within the
    next 5 years? Because that's what it's going to take to make regular DVD
    obsolete. At the rate they're going, it's going to take them 5 years
    just to get an HD-DVD format out on the market. Even then, there's a
    very strong possibility that HD-DVD will become the new Laser Disc(a
    cult format for the most demanding movie buff) and DVD will basically be
    the new VHS(which it already is).

    Black Locust, Dec 11, 2003
  10. Black Locust

    Justin Guest

    Black Locust wrote on [Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:29:42 -0600]:
    DVD isn't the new VHS yet. Maybe in pre recorded content, but PVR may be
    the next VHS for time shifting.

    Justin, Dec 11, 2003