"The product Id you entered is not valid" Xp x64 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, May 13, 2006.

  1. I must confess, Charlie, that I was hoping your HW 'recognition' would
    reveal something usefull. This is great. And being US style, no trouble at
    all - anybody writing any kind of 'code' needs one, although it has been
    precious little for me here, lately.

    One would expect a certain prize level for something like that, but I see
    they use ALPS keys, it doesn't tell me much - except, will it need
    proprietary drivers, then?

    A couple years ago, I passed a shop window and a few steps later I asked
    myself: "what was that?"
    Well, 'that' was one of these small format keyboards with LED lighting. I
    had never seen anything like that and did what I usually never do - I bought
    it. Then, it was just 'cool', but I atually like this one very much, and
    have been using it almost exclusively since. The only problem being the
    format. The keys are crammed into unusual positions. It's an AuraVision by
    'eluminX', and I can recommend it for any one that needs a small extra that
    is usefull too.

    But I do need a kind of heavy duty power tool, and thank you for this tip.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 15, 2006

  2. You won't need any drivers. You will need to boot into 32-bit windows to do
    key remapping, but that's it. Once remapped, it stays remapped. (Comes with
    spare Ctrl, Caps Lock and Alt keys to allow you to swap out key caps and
    move the Ctrl key up next to A, Alt down on lower left, and caps lock out of
    the way where the Alt is on most boards. Plus swap alt and ctrl on the
    right.)

    The "Alps" keys just tells you that you'll have a good, clicky, feel.
    They're extremely well made.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 15, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Sent.

    Guest, May 15, 2006
  4. Hello Paul,
    I show as invalid key as well.
    So unless something was mis-typed, this key is not going to work.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bFQ=?= <>
    <Subject: Re: "The product Id you entered is not valid" Xp x64 Pro
    <Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:33:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Sent.
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
    <> Hello Paul,
    <> If you send me the key I can attempt to check to see if it for an X64
    OEM
    <> install or not.
    <> Remove the online from email address.
    <> Charlie can vouch that I am with Microsoft.
    <> Thanks,
    <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <>
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bFQ=?= <>
    <> <Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:35:01 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
    <> <Hi, Ok I'll do that, although I'm not sure what the supplier can do
    (apart
    <> <from send me another) as it was shrink wrapped so COA/CD were together.
    <> <
    <> <Although it seems no matter what I put in for the product key it will
    give
    <> <the same error.
    <> <
    <> <"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    <> <
    <> <> You need to go to the source of your copy of XP x64 and the new PC.
    <> They'll
    <> <> be able to make sure that they've given you both the right media and
    the
    <> <> right key for your product.
    <> <>
    <> <> There are different product ID's for different versions of the
    product,
    <> and
    <> <> if the two aren't matched, you'll get this message.
    <> <
    <> <
    <>
    <>
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 15, 2006
  5. Hello Paul,
    I show the key as not a valid Product Key.
    As for the media,
    in the \amd64 folder there is a setupp.ini file.
    What is the value on the PID= line?
    That will tell me the media type as well as the product type.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>
    <#>
    <>
    <O#>
    <>
    <#>
    <>
    <>
    <ea#GNa#>
    <>
    <Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:36:03 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <You won't need any drivers. You will need to boot into 32-bit windows to
    do
    <key remapping, but that's it. Once remapped, it stays remapped. (Comes
    with
    <spare Ctrl, Caps Lock and Alt keys to allow you to swap out key caps and
    <move the Ctrl key up next to A, Alt down on lower left, and caps lock out
    of
    <the way where the Alt is on most boards. Plus swap alt and ctrl on the
    <right.)
    <
    <The "Alps" keys just tells you that you'll have a good, clicky, feel.
    <They're extremely well made.
    <
    <
    <--
    <Charlie.
    <http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <
    <Tony Sperling wrote:
[...]
    <> <>> There are decent keyboards (US only, I'm afraid). They are clones of the
    <>> Northgate keyboard I used 15 years ago, and that I still use.
    <>> http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/menu.htm - they're seriously
    <>> overpriced, but no one makes a better keyboard. I've still got two
    <>> working Northgate OmniKey 102's left, but my others have all been
    <>> replaced by Avant Stellar keyboards as the Northgates have slowly died.
    <>> Givent that they're
    <>>> 15 years old, I am on them every day, and I'm a hard typist, that
    speaks
    <>> volumes for their longevity. And the feel? Nothing even close, except
    <>> those old IBMs. These weigh in at about the same weight as well - over
    <>> 2.2 Kg.
    <>> --
    <>> Charlie.
    <>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <>>
    <>> Tony Sperling wrote:
    <>>> Yes, this conforms with my understanding, but the US version is not
    sold
    <>>> outside the NA continent, I believe. It is the UK version that is the
    <>>> standard international product. Or so it is labeled here.
    <>>>
    <>>> Usually, this should not be any problem, but if you loose your setup it
    <>>> is
    <>>> frequently tricky when typing passwords (since you cannot see what you
    <>>> are
    <>>> typing) and drive designations to system commands, since punctuation
    <>>> like underscores and slashes ( I need to use my group key to get to
    <>>> that one )
    <>>> are a total shambles when you check different keyboard lay-outs. I had
    <>>> an original IBM keyboard for many years, but it disappeared when moving
    <>>> to a new appartment ( the only item that went missing, naturally! ) and
    <>>> I've very nearly cried myself to sleep ever since. Why doesn't anybody
    <>>> build a decent keyboard anymore?
    <>>>
    <>>> [sigh. . .]
    <>>>
    <>>> Tony. . .
    <>>>
    <>>>
    <>>> message <>>>> I install to English-Canadian, but the keyboard is still US. So I
    won't
    <>>>> ever hit a problem with a standard US version. The UK keyboard is a
    bit
    <>>>> different, though and might be the source.
    <>>>>
    <>>>> --
    <>>>> Charlie.
    <>>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <>>>>
    <>>>> Tony Sperling wrote:
    <>>>>> Thanks, Charlie.
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>> Yes, sitting in Denmark, I have seen/heard of this before, although
    <>>>>> personally I stick with the International versions for all my
    <>>>>> installations, and the Danish keybord doesn't remap the standard
    keys,
    <>>>>> so it's been a while.
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>> The German keyboard, conversely, remaps the 'z' and the 'x' (if I am
    <>>>>> not
    <>>>>> mistaken) this would be enough to create havoc.
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>> It is wise to remember, although given enough time to forget, we
    <>>>>> usually
    <>>>>> will.
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>> Tony. . .
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>>
    <>>>>> message <>>>>>> Oh, good thought.
    <>>>>>>
    <>>>>>> --
    <>>>>>> Charlie.
    <>>>>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <>>>>>>
    <>>>>>> Tony Sperling wrote:
    <>>>>>>> Just a hunch - what language versions are you having? I am thinking
    <>>>>>>> of
    <>>>>>>> keyboard incompatibilities in the early stages. Is your keyboard
    the
    <>>>>>>> same language as the Windows version, at this point of the
    <>>>>>>> installation?
    <>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>> Tony. . .
    <>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>> <>>>>>>>> Hi, yes I trippled checked, got the wife to check etc, I've
    <>>>>>>>> searched the internet and saw the G-6, Q-O's etc, however it's
    <>>>>>>>> oddball that it
    <>>>>>>>> just doesnt
    <>>>>>>>> say invalid key no matter what I put, it's always invalid Id, the
    <>>>>>>>> hologram cd
    <>>>>>>>> says OEM to be supplied with new computers only, as does the front
    <>>>>>>>> of
    <>>>>>>>> the
    <>>>>>>>> dvd
    <>>>>>>>> style casing, and the COA also says windows professional x64 OEM
    so
    <>>>>>>>> :) I've
    <>>>>>>>> mailed the shop I got it from but won't be Monday before I hear
    <>>>>>>>> back so, I think I'm Mr Unlucky or something.
    <>>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    <>>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>>>> Paul;
    <>>>>>>>>> Are you using the Product Key that came with that CD?
    <>>>>>>>>> There are different types of each and they are not compatible.
    <>>>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>>>> Look very closely, S-5, O-0. G-6 and others look alike.
    <>>>>>>>>> Have someone else try, sometimes another set of eyes and fingers
    <>>>>>>>>> can
    <>>>>>>>>> get
    <>>>>>>>>> it
    <>>>>>>>>> right.
    <>>>>>>>>>
    <>>>>>>>>> Otherwise contact the seller.
    <
    <
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 15, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'll try get you an image of it incase my eyes have gone loopy.

    Guest, May 15, 2006
  7. Guest

    Vanguard Guest

    Well, lots of different license keys listed there. Did you have one
    specifically to which you meant to refer? If, for example, the product
    key is the volume license (VLK) then you got ripped off with a pirated
    copy of Windows. Unless you actually paid for a volume license of
    Windows (which means you paid for *multiple* licenses) and unless you
    got ALL those licenses (which you didn't) then you bought the illegal
    "Corporate" version from the seller (which you haven't yet identified).
    So the seller gave you a volume license but an OEM key, so the key won't
    work with the version of Windows that you got stuck with.

    Vanguard, May 15, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, May 25, 2006