    Will Dockery Guest

    Maybe this is a sign from above that we are being fooled by
    charlatans? As if George W wasn't enough.

    Will Dockery, Apr 2, 2005

  2. god's trying to murder him, but he's not quite dead yet

    SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Will Dockery

    Annika1980 Guest

    It tells me you need a new calendar.

    Annika1980, Apr 2, 2005
  4. It tells me that you are not only a troll, posting your kooky crap on
    rec.photo.digital, but that you are the most contemptible bastard
    imaginable.
    Dennis D. Carter

    Dennis D. Carter, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Yeah, and the pope is a saint... LMAO. This pope will best be
    remembered for helping to infect 40 million christian africans with
    HIV.

    The Arch Atheist, Apr 2, 2005
  6. Will Dockery

    jw Guest

    x-no-archive: yes
    On 1 Apr 2005 19:31:43 -0800, (Will Dockery)
    wrote:
    copyright 2005 John Weatherly all rights reserved (keep it in the
    group)

    Don't rush things! The old man isn't dead yet!

    He'll descend into the pit soon enough!

    jw

    jw, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Will Dockery

    Ac Guest

    Well Annika, your comment gave me my first laugh since I started reading
    this group a few days ago. As I write this the pope is still alive.

    Where I was born and lived most of my life (Australia) it has been April 2
    for many hours. Where I live now (central time zone USA) it is 30 minutes
    into April 2. When I heard the last report from Rome it was already 5am
    April 2 and the pope was still alive.

    I started reading this group to see how the other half thinks, as for the
    last 6 years of my 62 years I have been a Christian (Evangelical, not
    Catholic). I guess that qualifies me from this groups point of view as one
    of those unthinking, irrational, right wing, Christian wackos. Gee and to
    think I used to be one of those unthinking, irrational, left wing,
    Atheistic, wackos.

    Anyway, as far as April 1 is concerned, I now think of that day as the
    atheists special day.

    To each their own.

    AC

    Ac, Apr 2, 2005
  8. Will Dockery

    Ac Guest

    Pleas enlighten me, how did the pope help infect 40 million Christian
    Africans with HIV?

    AC

    Ac, Apr 2, 2005
  9. Will Dockery

    Grane Guest

    Hopefully the likes of you will be ready to catch him

    Grane, Apr 2, 2005
  10. Will Dockery

    Mark² Guest

    Uh...
    As of April 2 in Rome...the Pope was alive and breathing.

    Perhaps this is a sign from above that you need to pay attention (???).

    :)

    Mark², Apr 2, 2005
  11. Will Dockery

    Mark² Guest

    I'm not Catholic...
    ....But you are a jerk with no class.

    Mark², Apr 2, 2005
  12. Actually at this writing the Pope is still alive. This thread was not
    started by Will Dockery. It was started by Michael Cook pretending to
    be Will Dockery.

    the messenjah, Apr 2, 2005
  13. Will Dockery

    Frank Pittel Guest

    : > wrote:
    : > copyright 2005 John Weatherly all rights reserved (keep it in the
    : > group)
    : >>Maybe this is a sign from above that we are being fooled by
    : >>charlatans? As if George W wasn't enough.
    : >
    : >
    : > Don't rush things! The old man isn't dead yet!
    : >
    : > He'll descend into the pit soon enough!

    : I'm not Catholic...
    : ...But you are a jerk with no class.

    I'm not catholic either but if he believes the things that he
    publically professed to believing he will be going to hell.

    Frank Pittel, Apr 2, 2005
  14. BBC:
    Cardinals, bishops, priests and nuns in four continents are saying HIV
    can pass through tiny holes in condoms.

    The World Health Organization has condemned the comments and warned
    the Vatican it is putting lives at risk.

    The claims come just a day after a report revealed that a young person
    is now infected with HIV every 14 seconds.

    According to the United Nations Population Fund, around 6,000 people
    between the ages of 15 and 24 catch the virus every day.

    The Vatican is opposed to contraception and has advocated that people
    change their behaviour instead.

    According to Panorama, the Church is now telling people that condoms
    do not work.

    In an interview, one of the Vatican's most senior cardinals Alfonso
    Lopez Trujillo suggested HIV could even pass through condoms.

    "The Aids virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon.
    The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by
    the condom," he says.

    The cardinal, who is president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for
    the Family, suggests that governments should urge people not to use
    condoms.

    "These margins of uncertainty...should represent an obligation on the
    part of the health ministries and all these campaigns to act in the
    same way as they do with regard to cigarettes, which they state to be
    a danger."

    The programme includes a Catholic nun advising her HIV-infected choir
    master not to use condoms with his wife because "the virus can pass
    through".

    The Archbishop of Nairobi Raphael Ndingi Nzeki told Panaroma that
    condoms were helping to spread the virus.

    "Aids...has grown so fast because of the availability of condoms," he
    said.

    Gordon Wambi, director of an Aids testing programme in Lwak, near Lake
    Victoria, told the programme that he could not distribute condoms
    because of opposition from the Catholic Church.

    "Some priests have even been saying that condoms are laced with
    HIV/Aids," he said.

    According to Panaroma, the claims about condoms are repeated by
    Catholics as far apart as Asia and Latin America.

    Both the WHO and UN attacked and condemned the statements by catholic
    leaders.

    The Arch Atheist, Apr 2, 2005
  15. Will Dockery

    Mark² Guest

    That's not for you to decide.

    Mark², Apr 2, 2005
  16. Will Dockery

    Hannah Guest

    Which Pope would that be?
    From where I'm standing the current Roman Catholic one is alive.

    Hannah, Apr 2, 2005
  17. Will Dockery

    Will Dockery Guest

    I thought it might be Barbara's Cat, since he's the only person I know
    of that calls me "Wilma", but Cook, being the prankster that he is, is
    a good wager, as well:

    Interestingly, just as I know of other people named "Will Dockery", I
    just saw old childhood friend Mike Cook last week, come to visit his
    parents for Easter, and chuckled at the image. The local Michael Cook
    of Shadowville works here at one of the better BBQ houses, Avalon BBQ,
    and can be seen often chopping hickory behind the eatery.

    One thing were have on almost every corner here are Churches and BBQ
    joints.

    Anyway, as of three hours ago, the Pope's still hanging on, haven't
    checked on Falwell, yet:

    Pope begins to loose consciousness: Vatican
    Last Updated Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:03:48 EST
    CBC News
    VATICAN CITY - With his heart and kidneys slowly giving way and his
    breathing shallow, 84-year-old Pope John Paul II clung to life Saturday
    morning as a small group of faithful kept vigil in St. Peter's Square.

    Faithful gather for prayers in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican,
    Friday, April 1, 2005. (AP photo)
    The Pope is loosing consciousness but is not in a coma, Vatican
    spokesperson Joaquin Navarro-Valls told reporters Saturday. He added
    the Pope had opened his eyes when spoken to and was still speaking late
    Friday.

    On Friday, the Vatican reported the Pope was near death, and his
    condition remained unchanged Saturday at 4:30 EST.

    The Vatican has said it will issue another update at 10 a.m. EST.

    A night of prayer

    On Friday, most of the world's 1.1 billion Roman Catholics prayed for a
    peaceful final hours for his Holiness.

    "This evening or this night, Christ opens the door to the Pope,"
    Vatican City vicar general Angelo Comastri told thousands of faithful
    that had come to the square to pray for the pontiff on Friday.

    By night's end, about 70,000 people had gathered on the square and near
    the Pope's residence to pay homage to a man who has held the papacy for
    26 years. For many of them, John Paul II is the only pope they've
    known.

    Mostly subdued, the crowd, which grew smaller as Saturday morning
    approached, could be heard shouting, "Stay with us!" Others used their
    prayer candles to spell "with you" on the square grounds.

    Pope's message

    On Saturday, an Italian newspaper reported that the Pope had left word
    that his aides were not to weep for him. The Pope's note, written with
    the help of his private secretary, reportedly said, "I am happy, and
    you should be as well. Let us pray together with joy."

    Navarro-Valls told reporters Friday that before the Pope's condition
    worsened, he had asked his aides to read the biblical passage
    describing the 14 stations of the Way of the Cross, as well as and the
    scripture referred to as the "Third Hour." According to Christian
    tradition, Christ died at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

    Early Friday morning the Vatican confirmed the Pope was suffering from
    blood poisoning brought on by a urinary tract infection, but described
    the pontiff as "lucid, fully conscious and extraordinarily serene," a
    situation that changed by midday.

    The Pope was also suffering from septic shock linked to the infection.

    From:
    http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/world/national/2005/04/02/pope-new050402.html

    --
    "Mirror Twins" [Will Dockery]
    http://www.lulu.com/items/29000/29085/preview/Will_Dockery_-_03_-_Track__3.mp3

    "God Smiles" [Will Dockery]
    http://www.lulu.com/items/26000/26881/preview/Irony_Waves_-_Track__5.mp3

    Will Dockery, Apr 2, 2005
  18. Will Dockery

    Han Somgai Guest

    Where are you standing, Hannah? We have similar names and could possibly
    discuss this over a pina colada.

    Han Somgai

    Han Somgai, Apr 2, 2005
  19. That yesterday was April's fool day.

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 2, 2005
  20. Will Dockery

    Budikka666 Guest

    The Pope effectively died a long time ago - when he let religion into
    his life. But Karol Wojtyla is still alive at this writing. News
    media descriptions of his condition as "grave" doesn't mean he's in
    one!

    Budikka

    Budikka666, Apr 2, 2005