    logically faultering, stance that one cannot "buy" Photoshop. I see you are
    eager to join in with that stupid stance as well, or at least not disregard
    it.

    Sandman, Mar 6, 2014

  2. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I will give you one million pounds if you can find a quote of me in the
    post you replied to where I said that no one was talking about prices.

    One million pounds, all for you! So let's see that quote. Ther quote is
    still above, so just cut and paste the part where I say that no one has
    talked about prices.

    Go ahead, I can wait.
    One million pound to prove this supposed lie. All for you.
    In the rest of the world it's called illiteracy when you can't read simple
    words.

    Sandman, Mar 6, 2014

  3. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    You have yet to quote me saying that I, or anyone else, hasn't
    talked about prices, Dave.

    It is your claim that I have said that no one has talked about prices - you
    are trying to prove the opposite of *your claim*.

    *I* have never said that no one has talked about prices. Quite the contrary
    - and it's still quoted above! It is you who can't read a simple English
    sentence.

    Again, one million pound from me to you if you quote me claiming that no
    one has talked about prices in the post you replied to.

    Sandman, Mar 6, 2014
  4. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Just to further rub your nose in the dirt, Peter, here is nospam's original
    post:

    nospam
    Re: Has the Photoshopping been overdone?
    02/10/2014 <100220141452230889%>

    "you can't afford $50, yet you can afford a digital camera
    and a computer?"

    Contrary to your claim - not a word about buying. Eric replied with:

    Eric Stevens
    Re: Has the Photoshopping been overdone?
    02/10/2014 <>

    "Where can you buy Photoshop for $50?"

    So, Eric was actually the one who introduced the term "buy" to the thread.
    nospam's response:

    nospam
    Re: Has the Photoshopping been overdone?
    02/10/2014 <100220141532083930%>

    "pretty much anywhere. $50-60 is the typical street price for
    photoshop elements."

    It's not like he corrected Eric, since "buy" is very aptly used term, so he
    just responded to the question. Here is your response:

    PeterN
    Re: Has the Photoshopping been overdone?
    02/12/2014 <>

    "Any factual support for that statement: Inquiring minds want to know.
    We eagerly await your response, or weasel statement."

    Contrary to your claim (gasp, can it be true?) - no supposed "correction"
    here at all. BUt I might be looking in the wrong place, huh? I'm sure
    you'll help me out, seeing how reasonable and eager to substantiate your
    claims you are!

    In fact, nospam *has* used the word "buy" in relation to Photoshop in a
    related thread. And again, rightfully so, since "buy" is a perfectly valid
    word to ue when talking about acquiring a license for Photoshop. Here is
    it:

    nospam
    Re: The Photoshop Family
    02/23/2014 <220220141822008641%>

    "anyone can buy whatever version of the app they want. they
    could buy both of them or none at all."

    Needlesstosay, you didn't reply to this post to "correct" him in any
    capacity, so that's not the occcasion you could be in reference to either.
    So pray tell, Peter, when was it nospam used the word "buy" and you for no
    good reason supposedly "corrected" him?

    Sandman, Mar 6, 2014
  5. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    \So it's idiotic to distinguish between purchasing a product and
    purchasing a license to use the product. What matters is what you get
    for your ey. Stop wriggling and admit you used the wrong term.

    PeterN, Mar 6, 2014
  6. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Look it up for yourself, troll.

    PeterN, Mar 6, 2014
  7. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Haha, total roadkill yet again, Peter. You had a chance to stand up for
    yourself and you threw yourself in front of the train.

    Did you ever stop to notice how my post was *loaded* with support for my
    position and yours was completely devoid of it? It really *should* tell you
    something, but we all know it doesn't.

    Ad hominem's, it's all you've got - that's how you "improve your
    photography". :-D

    Sandman, Mar 6, 2014
  8. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Nope

    PeterN, Mar 6, 2014
  9. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    you'd better tell adobe they're wrong.
    <http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/buying-guide.html>

    'buying guide', with a link at the top right called 'buy'.

    not 'licensing guide', nor is there a link called 'license'.

    common usage is to buy an app.

    nobody but lawyers and argumentative trolls care about the distinction.

    Guest, Mar 6, 2014
  10. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Read what you get. You gt a license. Tell that to the popinjay. He
    claims you never said it.

    PeterN, Mar 6, 2014
  11. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I'll give you one million dollar if you quote me claiming that nospam never
    said "buy".

    Sandman, Mar 6, 2014
  12. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 6, 2014
  13. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Please tell me how you propose I enforce this.
    Who will be the judge.

    PeterN, Mar 7, 2014
  14. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    I am fixated on accuracy f statements. Not weasel working. If you want
    to do a survey on wanting to argue, simply count the posts to which I
    respond with an opposite POV, and compare it to yours. The sheer numbers
    will provide an answer that is far more accurate than an airplane survey.

    PeterN, Mar 7, 2014
  15. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    of course i know that, however, people still say 'buy' and it's obvious
    what is meant by it.

    Guest, Mar 7, 2014
  16. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    as am i, but saying buy is common usage. people say 'buy photoshop' or
    'buy an app'. it's just how it is. deal with it.
    extremely high. it is always you or one of your cohorts who starts
    ripping apart inconsequential details, such as what you're doing right
    now, for the sole purpose of arguing.

    now best you go and contact adobe to tell them they're wrong. would you
    like a contact there to get you started?

    Guest, Mar 7, 2014
  17. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    It's an incentive to get you to support your claim. I would call you a
    liar, but I know how you start whining everytime I expose your
    misinformation.

    So, where is that quote, Peter? Nowhere to be fond? Figures.

    Sandman, Mar 7, 2014
  18. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    You learn something new every day.

    Sandman, Mar 7, 2014
  19. Sandman

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Whisky-dave, Mar 7, 2014
  20. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

    One thing that may confuse people is that Adobe's websites use "Buy"
    as the tab-title to purchase a license to use one of their products.
    Following the "Buy" links, an interested person continues to see "Buy"
    and "Purchase" and "Join", but no test explaining that what the person
    is buying is a license to use the product.

    It is not until one digs down in the small print of the Agreement that
    it's divulged that what is being purchased is a limited right to use
    the product.

    I suppose there are people who think that the word "Buy" doesn't imply
    ownership, but these are the same people who think that "maintenance"
    doesn't imply "repair".

    The mistaken belief that a person who "buys" an Adobe product owns
    that product has been perpetuated by the fact that the person used to
    always get a disk in a pretty package that contained what the
    "bought". Downloads and membership have changed that for the most
    part.

    You really can't blame these people for thinking that they were buying
    the product and not just permission to use it under certain
    conditions. Anyone who thinks that people actually read the full EULA
    doesn't understand human nature.

    Even those who read the full EULA are probably not aware of some of
    the things they are not allowed to do with the product. If you want
    to pre-read the EULA for, say Elements, you can go to
    http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adob...C_EULA_Gen_WWCombined-MULTI-20121017_1230.pdf
    and find a 475 page document that starts out in what may be Arabic
    and doesn't get around to providing information English until page 97.

    If you happen be living in Cuba, pre-reading the EULA will reveal that
    you are not in a "Territory" where you are permitted to install and
    use the software.

    You will also find that there are prohibitions involving installations
    in dual-boot machines, that there are restrictions against
    transferring the license to someone who is not in the same country,
    and some other "you can't"s.

    Tony Cooper, Mar 7, 2014