The past just got a whole lot more colourful - Daily Mail

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Jan 19, 2012.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    "The past just got a whole lot more colourful: Painstaking touch-up of
    world’s most famous black and white pictures
    By JOHN HUTCHINSON
    Last updated at 7:21 AM on 19th January 2012

    They say some things are be better off left in the past.

    But Swedish artist Sanna Dullaway clearly doesn't agree with that
    concept as she has transformed some of the most famous black and white
    pictures ever captured into high resolution colour versions.

    While purists may disagree with the modernisation of such historic
    pictures such as the celebrations that marked VJ (Victory in Japan)
    day, images of devastation from Pearl Harbour and the shocking shot of
    a Viet Cong prisoner being shot in the head by an army general
    (demonstrating the brutality of the Vietnam War), the colour pictures
    do appear to re-emphasise the scene they are portraying.

    Little is known about the creator of these iconic images, but it is
    thought she is hoping to sell her work on the internet - and there is
    sure to be some firm interest.

    She writes on her Flickr site: 'Hi. I take coloured photographs. If I
    stumble upon colourless photographs I colour them.'

    It couldn't be simpler right? Yet the results are truly stunning."

    For the images and the rest of the article, go to:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/6vmulrb
    or:
    <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...njected-colour-host-historic-photographs.html>

    Bruce, Jan 19, 2012

  2. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    Churchill looks like he spent time on a beach in the Bahamas...

    RichA, Jan 19, 2012

  3. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    I agree. Churchill was always black and white - I doubt he had any
    colour in his skin at all. ;-)

    Bruce, Jan 19, 2012