    Till now I can't find a solution.
    Can any of you guys point me in the right direction ?
    ( running XP Prof - IE 6.0268 )

    Knoest, Aug 23, 2006

  2. You could try a modern browser. Your old one (not yours personally, but
    that model) seems to get itself stuffed up if you don't clear the cache
    often. You should also set the maximum cache to maybe 20 megabytes.

    Tools > Internet Options > General tab
    Click Settings button
    Set the maximum to 20

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Knoest

    Knoest Guest

    Thx for your reply.
    I'm working with 4 gigs of cache (temporary internet files).
    I need to do that because I often have to save big files from
    cache. ( Google *.flv's etc. )
    I clean this cache with every shutdown.
    Never had a problem with this before.
    So I think I must search in some other direction.
    Today I have unchecked " reuse windows for launching shortcuts ".
    Forcing IE to open a new window with every new link or address.
    Seems to help. I still have to spend some more surfing time for
    testing.
    Also I did clear the index files, cookies, and all IE related index
    stuff, using CleanCache v3.3.
    I have to find out tomorrow if this will make a difference.
    Oh, I forgot to mention I have FireFox too.
    Very good browser but I can't use it if working with cache
    files.
    Yes I know there are certain extensions, often very nice
    and usefull, but there is none I just need.
    ( the google-youtube download extension doesn't work in
    case the files are redirected )
    So I'm hooked with IE.
    Thanks for this link, very interesting.
    ( I think that I'm gonna try Opera too, hehe and this very
    small OffByOne browser sounds to me very funny and I'll
    give it a try.)

    Knoest, Aug 23, 2006
  4. 4 gigs? I'm surprised Internet Exploder doesn't roll over and die every
    minute or two ... :)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Knoest

    Knoest Guest

    Damn, still no good.
    Have to refresh a page every time and than it will load.
    Very annoying.
    It looks like my connection goes to fast and IE can't
    follow. ( I have an adsl2 connection - 1,5 MB/s down )
    Now the only thing I can think of is checking my firewall.
    Or could it be my isp ?

    Knoest, Aug 24, 2006
  6. Knoest

    Knoest Guest

    Oh happy day :)
    I've tackled the problem. ( I hope so )
    Run cmd - ipconfig /flushdns did not much help.
    Run cmd - ipconfig /registerdns + wait 15 minutes,
    seems to do the trick. Or maybe both cmd's together.
    All pages are loading as they should.
    So it looks like I've solved the problem.
    Thx for trying to help and your replies.
    Knoest.

    Knoest, Aug 24, 2006