    does anyone know what he was talking about. (i know of one case where
    a particularly obnoxious type had some problems but he assumed it was
    a power surge.)

    lousy flagpins, Aug 21, 2003

  2. lousy flagpins

    S.Heenan Guest

    Yahoo chat you say ? Uh-huh. Dont lose any sleep over it.

    S.Heenan, Aug 21, 2003

  3. lousy flagpins

    kroesjnov Guest

    On the question if you should worry about this I'd say no.
    Some people alway threaten you to hack, and they think they are cool in
    doing so. Most people who have the knowledge for gaining entrance to you
    computer will not boast about this, so that is always a good pointer (but
    still, there are of course crackers who might).
    Anybody with some background on chat mediums know to ignore these kind of
    threats, 99.9% are mere punches into the air which are ment to scare you.

    On the question what burning means;
    Burning a computer means wiping the entire content of the harddrive. Some
    crackers do this to make sure[1] no log is left behind from them gaining
    entrance on the particular computer.

    [1] This btw still doesnt not clean out the whole drive entirely, since
    forensic utilities (even commercial grade some times) will be able to get
    information of the drive.

    --
    "Wisdom lies not in obtaining knowledge, but in using it in the right way"
    - kroesjnov

    http://www.securitydatabase.net
    http://www.mostly-harmless.nl
    http://www.outerbrains.nl