    The first picture is the original, uncropped unretouched. The second
    has been photoshopped.

    Comments?

    carl, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Cropping our extraneous parts helps. But you should see my grandsons. Now,
    there are photogenic kids.

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 22, 2003

  3. carl

    Bryce Guest

    3 or 4 sentences for the cold war? That's tough!

    Bryce, Aug 22, 2003
  4. carl

    Ken Durf Guest

    Since I posted the first version, I thought all you art critics would
    CUTE?!

    Notice how everyone in the picture is looking and pointing at
    something? THAT is what you should have been pointing the camera
    at! DOH!

    Everytime anyone looks at this photo, they are going to wonder what it
    was that was so cool that you missed a shot of.

    Ken Durf, Aug 22, 2003
  5. carl

    Vlad Dracul Guest

    And he didn't blur the buildings in the background.....

    VVlad

    Vlad Dracul, Aug 22, 2003
  6. carl

    Paul H. Guest

    I think it's called a "reaction shot" and is a perfectly acceptable type of
    photo. You could always cut, paste, and resize a picture of Godzilla to the
    left of the frame to relieve the unresolved stress. I'd also put in a
    caption such as "Look--the plates on his back are starting to glow and his
    mouth is opening! What does it mean, Mommy?"

    Of course, if you put in the caption you'll also need a second picture of a
    slag heap with, say, a smoking teddy bear on top. Gee, this picture taking
    stuff is harder than it looks.

    Paul H., Aug 22, 2003
  7. carl

    carl Guest

    New York Skyline, dude. It's cool but not really cute. And I did
    take pictures, lots of them, although none really thrilled me.
    http://www.skutsch.net/photos/new york.jpg

    And I had to blur the cleavage or most of you wouldn't be looking at
    my cute kid!

    carl, Aug 22, 2003
  8. carl

    JK Guest

    It is much nicer this way. Good work!

    JK, Aug 22, 2003
  9. carl

    JK Guest

    You should have cropped it a bit closer to the boys finger, as the woman's
    face in the left side of the image is still annoying. It is much better than
    before
    though.

    JK, Aug 22, 2003
  10. And I had to blur the cleavage or most of you wouldn't be looking at
    Now that is just plain stupid. Blur the brat's face and zoom in and highlight the
    breasts you homo.

    Steve Jenkins, Aug 23, 2003
  11. carl

    Mark Weaver Guest

    Well, I don't mean to bring you down, but I have to admit the light doesn't
    really do all that much for me. It seems like a pretty ordinary family
    snapshot -- interesting, I expect, if you know and love the people in the
    shot, but if not...not. And even then, I think your subject is cute enough
    that he deserves better -- no noisy background (improved with the blur, but
    still noisy) and not distractingly pointing at something the viewer can't
    see (thereby drawing viewer's eyes away from said cute kid). Also, it would
    help if cute kid took up more of the frame. If it were me, I'd stop messing
    with that shot and take some more.

    Keep in mind, though, this is a strictly amateur opinion.

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Aug 23, 2003
  12. carl

    George Kerby Guest

    Disagree. Need some room for flow.

    George Kerby, Aug 23, 2003
  13. carl

    George Kerby Guest

    How ya doin' Durfboy? Or should I call you "Ken Turd"?

    George Kerby, Aug 23, 2003
  14. Notice how everyone in the picture is looking and pointing at
    If by interesting you mean annoying.
    No, I have not seen that unless you can see what they are photographing.
    Why not just photograph with the lens cap on so people can wonder what was in
    front of the camera that you can't see? That would be "interesting"
    too. And very "artistic".

    Steve Jenkins, Aug 23, 2003
  15. carl

    JK Guest

    An interesting idea would be to have one photo of the chilf pointing as
    he has done,plus another photo of the child pointing that also includes
    what the child was pointing at. It makes an interesting two shot series,
    and the viewer is first in suspense about what the child is looking at,
    then he gets his curiosity satisfied.
    That is interesting suspense, but you shouldn't leave the viewer hanging,
    and instead have it answered with the next photo.

    JK, Aug 23, 2003
  16. carl

    Chuck Stange Guest

    Notice how everyone in the picture is looking and pointing at
    Yes, and then delete the one where you can't see what he is pointing at, I
    think I see where you are going with this and I like the idea!
    Sort of like when you have a photo of a woman starting to take off her
    clothes, and then a shot of her naked. You throw the first one away and
    make an enlargement of the second one. I got you 100%.
    EXACTLY! Extremely RUDE!

    Chuck Stange, Aug 23, 2003
  17. OK, so you don't like the idea? And, because YOU don't like it the
    Absolutely not. But why can't this guy not like it, anyone who doesn't agree
    with you has a problem then?

    Shelly Miller, Aug 23, 2003
  18. carl

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Shelly, I don't care if he likes it or not, and he shouldn't care
    whether I do or not, but the tone of his post is a put-down.

    You and I and of course he are free to enjoy what we will.

    Paul Heslop, Aug 23, 2003
  19. carl

    Bill Guest

    OK, so you don't like the idea? And, because YOU don't like it the
    We sort of got that same feeling from your post attacking him because he stated his
    opinion on the subject of what he thought about the photo. Why the attack for his
    opinion, Paul?

    Bill, Aug 23, 2003
  20. Yet another name!

    Dana Laffit