the new POPE and Microsoft

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by fruitbat, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. fruitbat

    fruitbat Guest

    VATICAN CITY - In a joint press conference in St. Peter's Square this
    morning, Microsoft Corp. and the Vatican
    announced that the Redmond software giant will acquire the Roman Catholic
    Church in exchange for an unspecified number
    of shares of Microsoft common stock. If the deal goes through, it will be
    the first time a computer software company has
    acquired a major world religion.

    With the acquisition, the new Pope will become the senior vice president of
    the combined company's new Religious Software
    Division, while Microsoft senior vice presidents will be invested in the
    College of Cardinals, said Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates.

    "We expect a lot of growth in the religious market in the next five to 10
    years," said Gates. "The combined resources of
    Microsoft and the Catholic Church will allow us to make religion easier and
    more fun for a broader range of people."

    Gates described Microsoft's long-term strategy to develop a scalable
    religious architecture that will support all religions
    through emulation. A single core religion will be offered with a choice of
    interfaces according to the religion desired - "One
    religion, a couple of different implementations," said Gates. The Microsoft
    move could spark a wave of mergers and acquisitions,
    as other churches scramble to strengthen their positions in the increasingly
    competitive religious market.

    fruitbat, Apr 17, 2005

  2. fruitbat

    vanderdecker Guest

    "One World, One Web, One Program." - Advertisement for Microsoft
    Internet Explorer
    "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuehrer." - Adolf Hitler

    (True? Not sure.)

    vanderdecker, Apr 17, 2005

  3. fruitbat

    Kenny Guest

  4. fruitbat

    vanderdecker Guest

    vanderdecker, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Also appears to be double dutch to me!

    John Phillips, Apr 18, 2005