    four new news groups. I guess even the one I from which I abstained
    from voting was accepted tho' the number of postings to any of them
    does not seem indicate real enthusiasm.

    James Silverton, Nov 16, 2004

  2. They are not yet on news.speedfactory.net.

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 16, 2004

  3. James Silverton

    Mark B. Guest

    Wow, that was pretty exciting to download all 4 threads on the
    rpd.slr-systems NG. LOL.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 16, 2004
  4. It will obviously take some time, perhaps a few months, for all servers to
    carry the new groups and for activity patterns to becme established.
    After all, you have only just become able to post to the new groups, and
    others will be in a similar position.

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 16, 2004
  5. James Silverton

    JeffS Guest

    They have been requested to be added to Earthlink. However, Earthlink
    isn't adding ANY new newsgroups (and has a huge backlog of requests)
    until they get internal approval for more storage space. So, it may not
    be a lack of enthusiasm that is making the traffic low, but the slow
    adoption of them by major carriers/providers for whatever reasons.

    Jeff

    JeffS, Nov 18, 2004
  6. JeffS wrote:
    []
    Perhaps Earthlink might do what some other ISPs have done and provide a
    separate server for text-only newsgroups. Takes a lot less capacity than
    the "binary" servers...

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 18, 2004