    RichA Guest

    I've seen things devalue before, but nothing matches the decline in prices for old film cameras. 2 years ago, a Nikon FE or FM would bring a couple hundred dollars in good shape. Now, I've seen them sell for $40.00. An F3 used to be good for $300 or more, now, I've seen them sell for $75.00.
    Off brands like Minolta or Pentax (aside from the K1000 which is still usedin some photography classes) go for $20 or less and plastic bodies from the 1980's are lucky if they are worth $5.00-$10.00. The only film cameras that still command any kind of money are top end, "modern" Nikons (F4 F5) orLeicas or other high-end rangefinders.

    RichA, Jul 18, 2013

  2. DIgital cameras aren't doing so well. I was given that DSLR (1.6mp) about
    2003 because it was already obsolete. I've found in the garbage a bunch
    of digital cameras by now, including a kodak 6mp that's still decent for a
    lot of use. That Polaroid unfortunately was somewhat smashed (I assume
    before it was tossed, but maybe after), that's a novel one since it looks
    like an old Polaroid film camera from the front, and has a printer so you
    can get the pictures right away. That Olympus 5pm would be really great
    since it's smaller than all the others I have, except I have no battery
    and it's a custom one for it. I even found a "digital movie camera"
    though really low end.

    The thing is, those digital are being replaced by something better. The
    film cameras, everyone just got up and switched en masse, the cameras
    still work fine and except they use film, aren't superceded by something
    better.

    I was at a Rotary Club garage sale in June, and they had a fancy camcorder
    in a nice bag, and that was ten or fifteen dollars, so those have dropped
    a lot, though replaced by better. The SLR next to it, in a fancy camera
    bag, was $50, so it's keeping its price better than the camcorder.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Jul 20, 2013

  3. RichA

    Wally Guest

    Yes, very true, digitals also are not keeping their values. My Canon
    40D with kit lens was about $1200 new, sold it for $290 a few months
    ago.

    Even more worthless than film cameras are enlargers, and film.

    Wally, Jul 20, 2013
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Enlargers are so worthless they aren't even worth paying the shipping costs on them.

    RichA, Jul 20, 2013
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Blame the "New Google Groups." Not my doing, as far as I can tell. Also, getting a huge number of "posting errors."

    RichA, Jul 21, 2013
  6. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    yeak I have an LPL 7700 colour enlarger that cost me £500,
    saw one on ebay for 99p and no one bid on it.

    Whisky-dave, Jul 23, 2013
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    You know why? They are worth so little, no one will pay the shipping costs..

    RichA, Jul 24, 2013