    modem?

    Thanks
    Antonio

    Antonio, May 17, 2004

  2. Antonio

    Mats K Guest

    An simplified answer is:

    A modem converts data to signals that can be carried by telephone lines.

    A digium card converts "talk" from the telephone line to digital signals.

    So NO you can't usa a modem to convert "talk" to digital signals and
    YES you need a digium card to connect your asterisk to the PSTN network.

    /Mats

    Mats K, May 17, 2004

  3. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Is there any other cheaper option for digium cards?

    Antonio, May 18, 2004
  4. Antonio

    Mats K Guest

    Have you even bother to take a look at the hardware page at
    www.asterisks.org ?

    Please read that page!

    /Mats

    Mats K, May 18, 2004
  5. Antonio

    yeltrabnhoj Guest

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:57:11 +0200, "Mats K"
    I did. However,
    www.asterisk.org
    works a lot better for learning about Asterisk.

    yeltrabnhoj, May 20, 2004