    I don't see much difference between orthodox jews and Iran's Mullahs.

    America supports and allows one to have nukes, opposes the other. Apart from
    that, nutjobs are the same all over.

    Joseph Kewfi, Jul 2, 2005

  2. casioculture

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Unlikely the president of Syria would be so dumb and drop a nuke on a
    country which has hundreds of nukes, wouldn't you agree ?

    And if your worst enemy had an arsenal of several hundred of atom bombs,
    you would sleep better if you also had at least a few atom bombs.

    Alfred Molon, Jul 2, 2005

  3. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    Let's face it, despite all their noise, I do think these guys care
    about each other somehow. They certainly could've killed much more of
    each other had it been otherwise.

    I just can't imagine the possibility that Israel would drop a nuclear
    bomb on an Arab city, or vice versa. Yes, I can't imagine that an Arab
    country would drop a nuclear bomb on Israel. Even Saddam sent empty
    scuds when he could've easily armed them with toxins or whatever.

    casioculture, Jul 3, 2005

  4. Well, I'll decide for me, and I guess you, Kewfi, will decide for you. I do
    hope you'll show some common sense in your decision........

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Then I suggest you send your children to a school where the only textbook is
    the Koran, and they are taught that the only way into Heaven is to kill
    anyone who is not Muslim......

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  6. I only quote what I read. It was unlikely that a man in prison would write a
    book where he said he would kill 6 million Jews after he was released,
    too.......

    Sure. I'm not objecting to their desire to have 'em. I am objecting to them
    having 'em. And if I can prevent it, why wouldn't I? Look. There's a line in
    the sand here. We've got my side, and we have their side. I think you should
    choose a side, and go there.

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  7. casioculture

    Joseph Kewfi Guest

    Well, I'll decide for me, and I guess you, Kewfi, will decide for you. I
    do
    What kind of sense would that be William? If it's white it's right?

    Joseph Kewfi, Jul 3, 2005
  8. casioculture

    Joseph Kewfi Guest

    Then I suggest you send your children to a school where the only textbook
    is
    Now you're talking utter shit, all Muslims are not fundamentalist's, just
    like all Christians are not Evangelical nutjobs either.

    Joseph Kewfi, Jul 3, 2005
  9. Did I say that all Muslims were fundamentalists?

    Try reading more carefully.........

    Let me put it this way. We here in the US don't teach our children that they
    can get into heaven by dropping bombs on anyone who has a different religion
    than we do. There are those who do teach their children that. If one of
    those who was brought up that way gets his hands on an atom bomb, then
    instead of walking into a crowd with dynamite strapped around his waist and
    setting it off, he can load up a plane with an atom bomb, and fly it into
    times square on Christmas eve, and get over a million people instead of 15
    or twenty. What does he care if the US then attacks his country and defeats
    it? He will be sitting on the right hand of Allah with his 70 virgins or
    whatever, for the rest of eternity. It is reasonable to expect me to want to
    prevent that by keeping those kinds of people free of atom bombs. That's
    what I petition my government to do. I am sorry if that disturbs you, but
    that's the way it is. I would like my government to attack all such
    countries and change their school system so they teach their children
    reading, writing, and arithmetic. I will not sleep peacefully unless and
    until that happens.

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  10. Mr. Kewfi:

    Once upon a time there were two countries. One country had a different
    philosophy of life than the other country had. But the two countries didn't
    have much to do with one another, so it didn't make any difference. Then one
    of the countries started teaching its children that they could obtain
    eternal life by killing the citizens of the other country. This country did
    not outlaw teaching its children this, and, in fact, there was a good
    possibility that one of these children would grow up to become the leader of
    his country. Suddenly, it became apparent to the other country that they
    could no longer ignore what the first country thought and did. That the two
    philosophies of life were no longer compatible, and the two countries could
    no longer exist together on the same planet. I am an atheist. I can't say
    which country is right, and which country is wrong. All I know is that I
    want my country to blast the other guys out of existence, so that I and my
    grandchildren can live out our lives without being blasted out of existence
    by the other guys. Do you get the picture now?
    It does no good for you to tell me that I am wrong, and the other
    country is right. It does no good for you to tell me that in the past, my
    country has interfered with the other country, and that is why they are
    teaching their children this. - I don't care. - I am not living in the past.
    I don't care who is right and who is wrong. I just want my government to
    blow the other country to kingdom come, and I will vote for anybody who
    promises to do this. - Do you get the picture now?

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  11. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    It won't be much different from sending them to a school where the only
    text is the talmud torah and they're taught you're a filthy goyim and
    "God" promised them the land of Palestine.

    casioculture, Jul 3, 2005
  12. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    Where did he say that??!!?! Where did you read that?!! Quote it!

    There's been much nonsense about Hitler. Take the Jesse Owens story for
    example - it's amazing that a lie is still widely circulated with such
    audacity:

    "A persistent myth has grown up that Hitler had intended to use the
    games to promote "Aryan superiority", and was in the stadium for some
    of Owens' events but had refused to acknowledge him after his
    remarkable performances. In fact, in Owens' autobiography, The Jesse
    Owens Story, Owens himself recounted how Hitler had stood up and waved
    to him:

    "When I passed the Chancellor he arose, waved his hand at me, and I
    waved back at him. I think the writers showed bad taste in criticizing
    the man of the hour in Germany." - Jesse Owens, The Jesse Owens Story,
    1970.

    In what was to become an act of extreme irony, the American president
    of the time, Franklin D. Roosevelt, then involved in an election and
    concerned about the reaction in the USA's southern states, refused to
    see Owens at the White House: Owens was later to remark that it was
    Roosevelt, not Hitler, who snubbed him."

    casioculture, Jul 3, 2005
  13. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    You're either with us or against us, huh?

    You know what, nationalism stinks! I am for with whatever is just, and
    nationalism has *never* been about that, so count me against you, all
    you stinkin' nationalists of whatever natioanlity - be it a nationalism
    or race or religion!

    casioculture, Jul 3, 2005
  14. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    I completely missed out on that. That is nonsense. I have read the
    Koran and it's a *far* more tolerant text than the Bible. Jews lived
    *far* better under the Islamic civilisation than they did under
    christiandom where they suffered frequent massacres and persectuion.
    Hellenic culture survived thanks to the tolerance of the Muslims
    whereas in Europe under the christian dark ages it was practically
    wiped out.

    casioculture, Jul 3, 2005
  15. casioculture

    Alfred Molon Guest

    And feel free to object. But the US is certainly not on the "moral high
    ground" when they insist that they are allowed to have thousands of
    nukes, while other countries are not.

    Alfred Molon, Jul 3, 2005
  16. Oh yes it is.....The operative word is, "kill".

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  17. Duly noted.......When "whatever is just" comes a knockin' at your door and
    kills you for Allah, I'll be sure to put your sentiments on your
    gravestone.......

    William Graham, Jul 3, 2005
  18. casioculture

    Sander Vesik Guest

    Well, in this specific case, it is neither the power plants nor the
    nuclear weapons really that worry the US but Iran, a non-US-friendly
    nation will gain prominence and be the default mover and shaker in
    the Middle East thanx to the US-led war in Iraq. Whetever it can develop
    to such role or retain it depends on how it can develop itself and
    what technoloy it has access to and what percenatge of its oil it
    can sell off (which is why it wants nuclear power stations). What
    really is at question is how Iran will / will not develop - even with
    nukes Iran doesn't pose even marginally larger threat.

    Notice that in case of Pakistan, a country with the same religion -
    and if anything more actual religious control on the (dys)function
    of the country and military forces - US is not just reserved or
    ignoring the issue - its selling them planes that could be armed with
    nuclear cruise missiles.

    Sander Vesik, Jul 3, 2005
  19. I agree....The Koran is just as peaceful as the Bible. Perhaps even more so.
    And the Soviet Union had a constitution that preached just as much freedom
    as did the US constitution, too. It's not the document that I am worried
    about. It's the interpretation of the document. I don't care what your
    religion says, I care about what it does, and what its practitioners do.
    There are people in some of the ME countries that don't teach their children
    the three "R's" in their schools. They teach them to kill Americans. I am an
    American, so I qualify. This makes these people my mortal enemy. I'm sorry
    to have to tell you this, but it is so.

    William Graham, Jul 4, 2005
  20. Well, in the next universe's "big bang", I suggest that you take the US's
    nukes away from them and give them to Syria, Iraq, Iran, and a few others in
    the ME. I'm sorry that I won't be there to watch the fun.....NOT!

    William Graham, Jul 4, 2005