The Mayor of Tehran has a gorgeous smile

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by casioculture, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    The guy is far from "good looking", but he's got a fabulous smile.

    http://tinypic.com/6fa60w.jpg

    He's the new Iranian presdient. I personally find him a great subject
    for portraiture.

    Despite much alarm in the media, this guy hardly looks ominous, at all.
    I even doubt he'd tell a lie, as to me he looks like he wears his
    feelings wholly in his expressions, and from the pictures they hardly
    seem anything but the sincerity of charm, and the charm of sincerity.

    http://images.scotsman.com/2005/06/26/2606mahb.jpg
    http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050627/images/27iran.jpg

    I bet the same intensity of a smile on a more chiseled face would be a
    ladies killer.

    Look at the first picture again (http://tinypic.com/6fa60w.jpg), and
    tell me, if pictures tell much about the personality of the portrait
    subject, what does this picture tell you?

    I surely hope Bush & Co don't kick some sh*t up over this guy, because
    if anything, I'm yet to see a picture of Bush that doesn't fit my
    impression of him as an expedient SOB of a liar.

    casioculture, Jun 27, 2005

  2. He looks very nice, but so did Jeffrey Dahmer........

    William Graham, Jun 27, 2005

  3. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    Apart from the above being a tired cliche "He looks very nice, but so
    did Jeffrey Dahmer (or other serial killer)........", it is far from
    acceptable.

    Jeffrey Dahmer looked "very nice" only in the sense of being tall and
    blond with the right skeletal features, or in other words; "very nice"
    as in "very WASP", as in if you look WASP then you must be a "nice"
    guy! We all know there's no way a WASP kid would do such bad things -
    that's for the blacks and latinos! That kind of "nice"! Nice as in if
    you dress him up right you could imagine him in a business suit driving
    his SUV from a corporate meeting to a suburban church!

    But if you actually look at Jeffrey Dahmer's pictures his expressions
    are very, very ominous. In every picture of him I had seen he always
    looked an eminent serial killer. Find me a picture of him with a smile
    even half as captivating as that of the Tehran Mayor, who on the other
    hand looks almost as homely as a slum dweller, and I'll be more willing
    to accept your statement above.

    casioculture, Jun 27, 2005
  4. He had no trouble charming young ladies into helping him carry groceries and
    other items into his car, because of his, "bad back". (He walked
    carrying/using a cane) He not only looked harmless, but his personality
    projected harmlessness......The only point I was making was that looks are
    deceiving, and your mayor of Tehran may not be what he appears to be. My
    example of Jeffrey Dahmer was only that.....An example. His race or ethnic
    background had nothing to do with my choice of him as an example of looks
    not being an accurate indicator of character.

    William Graham, Jun 27, 2005
  5. After doing some minor research, it seems that I had Jeffrey Dahmer mixed up
    with Ted Bundy....It was Bundy that was able to charm the ladies with his
    good looks and nice personality.....
    Ted Bundy (22+) The Picasso of the serial killing community. Ted was
    handsome, charming, intelligent, self-assured, with a brilliant future, and
    deadlier than a rattlesnake. Using his good looks, he was able to invisibly
    abduct and kill his victims and continue with his seemingly charmed life.
    From early 1974 to early 1978, the stranger called "Ted" stalked young women
    on college campuses, at shopping malls, in apartment buildings and grade
    schools in Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Colorado and finally Florida.

    William Graham, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Quote:"In every picture of him I had seen he always
    looked an eminent serial killer"
    That's because you know he is a serial killer.If you met him on the street
    you might be thinking he is an ordinary man.

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Quote:"Ted Bundy (22+) "
    What does that mean?He received 22 counts, or he is 22 years old?That's
    right, the good looks of someone can cheat.We have here a singer (in Greece)
    who is very handsome, but besides being a draft dodger, sounds totally
    stupid when he talks on TV.(He sung last year in Eurovision).And, of course,
    all the girls from 11 and above, are crazy with him.

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Jun 27, 2005
  8. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    Yes, but i'm not talking about "good looks". I specifically said that
    Tehran Mayor guy *lacks* "good looks".

    casioculture, Jun 27, 2005
  9. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    No no. Regardless. Find me a picture of them, and there are plenty
    online - not even just mugshots but from many other occasions, where
    either of them look as "nice" a person as that mayor of Tehran guy.
    Note, I'm talking about persona, about facial expressions, *not*
    physique, *not* facial features.

    Here's what I saw in all their pictures, and I'm *not* even talking
    about mugshots.

    Jeff Dahmer looks like a weird, ill kid who had stopped taking his
    medication and is about to flip out at you 'cos he doesn't know whether
    you're his dad or the devil.

    Ted Bundy looks like a sly, sadistic jerk with a full-time fetish for
    forceful anal sex that I wouldn't want near my little sister if I had
    one, though I suspect for this very reason that young women - in their
    infamously twisted logic - must've found him attractive, as he's got
    the look (I really mean manners) of "exactly the kind of guy daddy told
    you to avoid!" that chicks fall for.

    casioculture, Jun 27, 2005

  10. Okay that's more like it.

    What would Jeffrey Dalmer need with groceries ? Except perhaps to feed
    his food.

    --Meanmrmustard

    meammrmustard, Jun 27, 2005
  11. Because I was in a hurry to finish some extra work yesterday, I simply cut
    and pasted a paragraph about Ted Bundy from something I Googled up, and
    didn't elaborate....I believe that number, (22+) refers to the estimated
    number of people he killed. The site listed the most prolific serial killers
    of recent history together with an estimation of the number of people they
    killed....Sorry I mixed up Jeffrey Dahmer with Ted Bundy earlier.....

    William Graham, Jun 27, 2005
  12. Yes, but i'm not talking about "good looks". I specifically said that
    Tehran Mayor guy *lacks* "good looks".

    He looks very nice to me, and I have nothing against him.....He may turn out
    to be a good mayor. We can only hope. Unfortunately, the new president of
    the whole country seems to be taking a hard line for nuclear development,
    and will probably be a thorn in the side of the US.

    William Graham, Jun 27, 2005
  13. casioculture

    Joseph Kewfi Guest

    Unfortunately, the new president of the whole country seems to be taking a
    hard line for nuclear development,
    Europe and America need to understand that non-white, non-christian people
    will have nuclear power plants too.

    Joseph Kewfi, Jun 29, 2005
  14. It isn't the power plants that worry us, and it isn't their color either.
    It's the combination of atom bombs and a religion that promises heaven by
    killing non-believers that worries us. A few years ago the president of
    Syria said, "We are building an atom bomb, and when it is completed, we will
    drop it on Israel." There was once a wanna be dictator that wrote a book in
    which he said, "When I am in charge, I will rid the earth of Jews." Nobody
    paid any attention to him, either.....Their bad.......

    William Graham, Jul 1, 2005
  15. casioculture

    Sam Guest

    north korea has admitted to having nuclear bombs, why did everyone forget
    about that? because north korea has no value to usa, it has no oil

    Sam, Jul 1, 2005
  16. Forget about that? - You must be kidding....Bush hasn't forgotten about
    North Korea....He is very worried about them, and has worked hard to get
    them to the conference table with S. Korea and China. He named them as part
    of the, "Axis of evil". Remember?
    But in a sense, you are right about the oil. N. Korea hasn't got the
    capitol to sustain a war, and everybody knows it. If you look at a night
    satellite photo of N. Korea, you will see virtually no lights. The rest of
    the East is lit up like a Christmas tree, and N. Korea is black.
    Oil = money, and money = the ability to purchase delivery systems from
    France, and other, "good buddies" like France. Our only worry about N. Korea
    is that they may sell/give their nuclear weapons to terrorists who think
    they can get into heaven by killing thousands of, "infidels" like me. Anyone
    with any sense would worry about that.

    William Graham, Jul 1, 2005
  17. casioculture

    Joseph Kewfi Guest

    A few years ago the president of Syria said, "We are building an atom
    bomb, and when it is completed, we will drop it on Israel."

    The Jews have hundreds of nuclear warheads right now, they flaunt
    international law with impunity, they illegally occupy and brutally oppress
    Palestinians. If I were Syrian or Iranian I'd want my government to build
    nukes ASAP, where else are the Jews nukes pointed at? The world will be
    safer when more countries have nuclear weapons, if Iraq had nukes do you
    seriously think Bush would have launched his illegal war of aggression on it
    and killed 100,000+ people to turn the country into a private oil reserve?
    North Korea has nukes that's why no one would dare attack it, ever heard of
    M.A.D? That's Mutually Assured Destruction, bullies only pick on the weak,
    not the similarly armed.

    Joseph Kewfi, Jul 1, 2005
  18. All of which may or may not be true, but they haven't dropped any atom bombs
    on anyone yet, have they? Nor have we, since the end of WW-II.
    There are just some people who can be trusted, and some who can't. It's
    when we start trusting the ones who can't that will bring on the real
    trouble.....

    William Graham, Jul 2, 2005
  19. casioculture

    Joseph Kewfi Guest

    All of which may or may not be true, but they haven't dropped any atom
    bombs
    So we should just allow them to keep their nukes, and chastise any other
    nation that may decide for it's defence to develop their own nuclear
    weapons, now I see- must that double-standard new world logic in action.
    when we start trusting the ones who can't that will bring on the real
    trouble.....

    Who exactly decides for the world whom can be trusted, you or the US
    Government dangerous liars ?
    I mean c'mon, the current US regime is hardly a positive force for world
    peace, human rights, freedom of peoples and dignity, or do you really think
    Bush means a word of his speech writers rhetoric?

    Joseph Kewfi, Jul 2, 2005
  20. casioculture

    casioculture Guest

    I don't see much difference between orthodox jews and Iran's Mullahs.

    casioculture, Jul 2, 2005