The Long Walk Home $5.88 at Walmart - buy one for the next big power outage?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JJ, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. JJ

    JJ Guest

    I had heard about this movie but had never seen it.

    When the big blackout hit (I'm on the West Coast) and I saw all the
    images of people walking home I thought about this movie title.

    Well it was in my local Walmart $5.88 bin a couple of days ago so I
    bought one.

    I'm glad I did because it is a pretty good movie about a black maid
    who walks 9 miles to work instead of riding in the back of the bus.
    (I won't try to make a weak joke about "black out" and this film.)

    It was cool to see Sissy Spacek and Dwight Schultz - I hadn't seen
    them in anything since Carrie or A-Team.

    I'm a big fan of Whoopi Goldberg.

    Jay

    JJ, Sep 2, 2003

  2. JJ

    Guess Who Guest

    (JJ) wrote in
    I was invited to a pecial screening of this movie, prior to it's release
    and I liked it then. This was about 1988 or so. We had to talk about the
    movie and answer questions, etc. It never did come out in theaters,
    though (at least Idon't remember it coming to theaters). I was surprised
    when I saw it on DVD a couple of years ago. Too bad it was in full screen,
    though. I prefer the widescreen versions.

    I LOVE WHOOPI!

    Guess Who, Sep 9, 2003