    This happens where a picture use to be but will no longer show the picture.
    What kind of adjustments must I make?

    Brad

    Brad Conway, May 7, 2005

  2. Brad  Conway

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 15:36:13 GMT, Brad Conway wrote:

    This will be MS IE , one of any of several versions then?

    Maybe it's your mail client, on some versions of Windows before or after
    installing some app or service pack?
    Instead of one of the URLs you usually use try,
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?

    Searched in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    209 results for little red x

    Or look for the MS support articles, often mentioned in the Mike posts
    49 results for little red x mike

    Try a different browser.

    Me

    why?, May 7, 2005

  3. Brad  Conway

    Old Gringo Guest

    Are you referring to your Browser or Email client? You may find your
    answer at the following link if it's a problem with Outlook Express:
    http://tinyurl.com/9qkfa (safe link)

    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, May 7, 2005
  4. Brad  Conway

    Unk Guest

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options. Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down
    to "Multimedia", check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
    placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

    Now click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings"
    button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will
    increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
    Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE
    starts acting funny.

    Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary
    Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"

    For web images:
    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

    If that didn't fix it, then check here:

    Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176945

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
    Image with Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223050

    Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181836

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    For Email:
    Check your image registry settings:
    Why can't I see any images in my messages
    http://www.oehelp.com/noimg.aspx

    Make sure that the sender has 'Send pictures with messages'
    set in Tools, Options, Send, HTML Settings.

    Make sure that the full path to the image/s are correct
    in the message source (View / Source).

    Run Outlook Express; click Tools, Options, "Security" tab.
    Uncheck the box, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a
    virus" and Uncheck the box, "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail."
    Click "Apply", "OK"

    Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 or SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570

    OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

    Unk, May 8, 2005