The legendary "bridge <n> route ipv6" command

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matthias Scheler, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Matthias Scheler, Nov 8, 2006

  2. No, I don't. It came with Advanced Security and I upgraded to
    Advanced IP Service to get (any kind of) IPv6 support:

    Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(9)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
    Is there an overview of which features (or even commands) are supported
    by the various IOS versions?

    Kind regards

    Matthias Scheler, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Matthias Scheler

    Drake Guest

    You probably have c870-ipbase on your router. Try a higher feature set
    such as c870-advipservices or c870-adventerprise.

    Drake, Nov 9, 2006
  4. Matthias Scheler

    Bod43 Guest

    Than would be feature navigator

    www.cisco.com/go/fn

    It is a bit clunky AND sometimes error-prone!! But altogether is not
    too bad.

    I am not sure if the release notes still list the "Features" included
    in a "Feature Set".

    Relating specific commands to Features is another matter. It is
    usually reasonably obvious if you understand the technology so
    you should be able to work it out in this case.

    If you have support, call TAC.

    Good luck.

    Bod43, Nov 9, 2006
  5. www.BradReese.Com, Nov 9, 2006
  6. That's useful.
    The problem in my case is that I can't find the right keyword
    for IPv6 bridging. Either the tool doesn't know that feature
    (maybe because it is only available in beta versions?) or
    I don't know what name Cisco is using.

    Kind regards

    Matthias Scheler, Nov 10, 2006