The generosity of Bill Gates

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by String, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. String

    String Guest

    Subject: PLEASE READ! IT WAS ON THE TODAY SHOW

    Worth a try...

    To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages, I'm an
    attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL
    and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a
    multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by
    Pepsi Co against General Electric not too long ago.

    Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates
    is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, you will regret it
    later... Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and
    in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most
    widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta
    test. When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will
    track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two weeks time
    period. For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft
    will pay you $245.00 for every person that you sent it to that
    forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third
    person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks,
    Microsoft will contact you via email for your mailing address and then
    send you a check.

    PS. I thought this was a scam myself. But two weeks after receiving
    this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my
    address and within days, I received a check for $24,800.00. You need
    to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this,
    Bill Gates is the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please
    forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at
    least $10,000.00 We're not going to help them out with their e-mail
    beta test without getting a little something for our time. My
    brother's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to
    visit him for the Baylor/UT game she showed me her check. It was for
    the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full" Like I said
    before, I know the law, and this is for real.

    String, Aug 3, 2006

  2. String

    Fred Dagg Guest

    No, it's not.

    Fred Dagg, Aug 3, 2006

  3. At least this one doesn't make people pay out for the money-making
    venture that doesn't exist.

    Why do people all over the world fall for this sort of thing ? OK, I
    know the answer - greed !!

    (FYI - there's slightly different version of the Nigerian scam
    mentioned here
    http://www.forumspring.com/freetalkscotlan/viewtopic.php?t=366&mforum=freetalkscotlan
    - not a will, not an investment but male modelling fees)

    freetalkscotland, Aug 3, 2006
  4. This a very old hoax, it has done the rounds before.

    If memory serves me right the last time it was around to deceive the
    gullible was about 5 years ago

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Aug 3, 2006
  5. String