The end is near for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD (I hope)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by RichA, May 25, 2005.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, May 25, 2005

  2. RichA

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref:

    This article is somewhat reminiscent of
    http://www.textfiles.com/humor/simp.txt

    We really need a name for sub wavelength - ripplelength perhaps?

    Never-the-less, I wish Iomega well. Having used some of their
    products in the past, I truly look forward to a $7,000 blank,
    write once, high density DVD ;-0)

    BJ

    Billy Joe, May 25, 2005

  3. If its like any Iomega stuff it will stink. I remember when I install
    drivers for my second IDE Zip drive and it KILLED Windows 98, and I had to
    reinstall Windows. The first IDE Zip drive will kill the computer at the
    BIOS level, so I would have to reset BIOS, lucky I did get a replacement.
    No matter what happens, you won't see it replacing DVDs, no matter the DVD
    version.

    Quantum Leaper, May 25, 2005
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Blaming anything other than Windows 98 for Windows 98 idiosyncracies
    is probably a mistake.
    -Rich

    RichA, May 25, 2005
  5. RichA

    Howard Guest

    However, blaming Iomega for sucking ass is entirely correct.

    Howard, May 26, 2005
  6. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    Dont forget that after a while the drive will begin clicking and the data will
    no longer be recoverable!!!

    GMAN, May 30, 2005