    well as the continued viability of our company," Vonage said in the 10-
    K document."

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Apr 18, 2007

  2. __/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 18:05 \__
    The company could be a victim of stupid patents. I thought about posting this
    yesterday, but it's really off-topic for c.o.l.a. It's an example of a
    company whose intellect is said to be stolen, so it falls victim to
    lawsuits. How about SCO? Well, they asked for it....

    --
    ~~ With kind regards

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
    10:20pm up 3 days 21:48, 5 users, load average: 0.49, 0.50, 0.37

    Roy Schestowitz, Apr 18, 2007

  3. I am pretty sure Microsoft is following the case.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Apr 18, 2007
  4. Ramon F Herrera

    NoStop Guest

    That would be great. I was wondering if we'd ever see the end of the
    extremely nauseating and stupid Vonage ads on TV.

    Cheers.

    --
    The "Wow" starts now.

    "No sane person wants Vista, so Microsoft is making sure they have no
    choice."
    http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit043.html

    NoStop, Apr 19, 2007
  5. __/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 22:38 \__
    They could never pull that off with Linux though, because Linux isn't
    embodied in companies. If they dare to try to knock down companies, the
    whole world will turn against them.

    --
    ~~ With kind regards

    For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
    Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
    Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.

    Roy Schestowitz, Apr 19, 2007
  6. I'm with you on that one. The ads were really annoying and it is really
    hard to tell what sort of idiots they were targeted at.

    But anyways, I don't think it's a battle won for Verizon. The Vonage
    customer base is not going to become Verizon's. It will be Comcasts -
    Verizon't most fierce competitor (at least in the North East).
    Additionally, it would be funny to see those two battle it out - Comcast
    vs. Verizon. I'm sure the telecom field is not going to be the same if
    this battle ever happens.

    So, way to go, Verizon, pave the way for your worst competitor!

    --

    Cheers!
    D~

    Retention measured in years a
    http://www.telecom-gear.com

    telecom-gear.com, Apr 19, 2007
  7. Ramon F Herrera

    blitz Guest

    So, which providers *aren't* infringing on Verizon's patents? (on
    which there does actually seem to be some prior art)

    blitz, May 22, 2007