    the company I work for just hired two more people
    and may even hire a 3rd.

    Amazing!

    philo, Nov 24, 2010

  2. Were they hired to fix the books before tax time?

    HTH.

    (Most USA businesses file/pay quarterly:
    15-JAN; 15-APR; 15-JUL and 15-OCT.)

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

    http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

    http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 24, 2010

  3. philo

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    Call Bill O'Reilly and tell him to give Obama credit for that.

    Old Gringo38, Nov 24, 2010
  4. philo

    VanguardLH Guest

    Perhaps you should have a private off-the-record talk with your boss (or
    his boss). How's your job security? Maybe they're getting in noobs to
    lower their costs with first-hire pay rates. Old hands out (more
    expensive), new hands in (cheaper).

    VanguardLH, Nov 24, 2010
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    All I see is what happens in the state I work in,
    the company itself is world-wide.

    Though there were no layoffs in my area,
    neither did they replace anyone who retired or quit...

    until this month...so things are encouraging.

    All in all I see business as pretty good

    http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/110429134.html

    philo, Nov 24, 2010
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    I've out-lasted all of them.

    I've been with the company 35 years and have been there longer than any
    of my bosses.
    I watch them come and go...but I stay.

    Since I make less money than my bosses, I'm not terribly worried
    about being let go for getting paid too much.

    good joke though thanks

    For all my company's faults I can at least say they are good in some
    ways in that they almost never fire anyone. In the last 20 years only
    one person was fired...and that was for smashing up a company vehicle
    while high on pot.

    I don't know why the hell they did it...but they actually hired him back
    a few years later as they thought it would be better than trying to
    train someone new.

    philo, Nov 24, 2010
  7. philo

    Anyone Guest

    ....if anyone could pull him away from a mirror long enough to listen.
    Lately it seems he's spending a lot of time proclaiming FixNews as the
    most important show on the planet.

    Anyone, Nov 24, 2010
  8. philo

    G. Morgan Guest

    He probably has to, after following the ass-clown antics of Glenn Beck.

    G. Morgan, Nov 24, 2010
  9. philo

    richard Guest

    My dad worked 35 years with P&G out of cincinnati.
    What kind of ticked him off a little was, he was getting paid the same
    thing rookies were getting.
    But, those rookies also did not get the hundreds of benefits my dad did.

    Are new people really that much cheaper? Not really.

    richard, Nov 25, 2010
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    Of the two recent hires...
    only one is a "new" guy...
    the other is someone who's had about 25 years in the business...
    and since he's in sales...will be making more than I do.

    He even worked for us about 15 years ago...but quit to go to a competitor.

    One reason I've never changed jobs even though I've had tons of offers...
    is because I realized it was not going to be better elsewhere

    philo, Nov 25, 2010