    Jack Guest

    All good suggestions, well done. At least when you are conking out due to
    cancer you will know that you did all you could to prevent it.

    Jack, Apr 24, 2007

  2. If only for the comedy value I think you ought to be extremely afraid of
    electromagnetic radiation and wrap yourself up in tinfoil :-D Or you
    could get a clue... nahhh! Groundless fears are better! Yep, go get some
    tinfoil now! :-D

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet - who remembers the silly fears in the 80's over EMR
    from CRTs and the absurd fad for radiation shielding for them.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 24, 2007

  3. Shane

    Jerry Guest

    I thought just my hat would be sufficient. http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
    You mean I have to wrap everything?
    I'd forgotten about that, thanks for the recollection :)

    Jerry, Apr 24, 2007
  4. Shane

    Richard Guest

    Why? you walk around pushing the button on the key when its in your
    pants all the time?

    Richard, Apr 24, 2007
  5. I'm afraid so. No air holes either. Better you die EMR free than get a
    decent strength WiFi signal.
    *laughs* Oh, any time :-D Now if you don't mind, I need to get back to
    striping all the wiring from my house and installing lead siding.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 24, 2007
  6. "described by the British Department of Education and Skills as a
    "magical" system". That really says it all for me. It's magic for them.
    *shakes head and wonders at the state of science education when WiFi is
    described as 'magic'*
    Too late for the British Department of Education and Skills, it seems.
    You are already being bathed in far stronger EMR for much of your life.
    I would simple exercise some common sense and not leave your WiFi access
    point's antenna up you nose and close to your brain all day long.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 24, 2007
  7. Shane

    Jerry Guest

    I was OK until I got a Linux stuck under my tinfoil hat at a party that
    night. It's been downhill ever since.

    Jerry, Apr 24, 2007
  8. Shane

    El Chippy Guest

    No, but if you have anything else in your pocket it can be triggered,
    especially as you sit down and everything scrunches. Or you could just
    become trendy and wear XXXXXXXOS jeans with the crotch down around your
    knees and avoid all risk (of being taken seriously) :)

    El Chippy, Apr 24, 2007
  9. Shane

    Joel Kolstad Guest

    Your cell phone emits far more (10-100x as much, depending on how close to a
    tower you are) than a WiFi system. Millions of dollars have gone into
    researching their effects on the human body, and the results have pretty
    unanimously been somewhere between "it does nothing" to "it does have a very
    small effect" -- but nothing compared to the difference between, say, living
    next to a busy thoroughfare vs. living in the country, using sunscreen
    religiously vs. not at all, eating lots of fiber, DRIVING A CAR (think how
    many people are killed every year in auto accidents), etc.

    Joel Kolstad, May 9, 2007