    properly. How do I get rid of the Not responding tag? I am running
    windows98 second edition.
    Paul

    Paul Johnson, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Paul Johnson

    °Mike° Guest

    The 'Not Responding' may just indicate that the
    process has not answered a system request at the
    time that you pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL. Is your
    system otherwise busy at the time? How about
    your system specs? Are they up to it?

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Paul Johnson

    Paul Johnson Guest

    Hi Mike, how do I check the system specs - will it report this error? The
    message is always there whether the system is busy or not.

    Paul

    Paul Johnson, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Paul Johnson

    °Mike° Guest

    You can check your system specs with Everest:
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1

    If you are concerned (I would be) that there is a
    problem with Sygate, either uninstall and reinstall,
    or choose another firewall.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Paul Johnson

    Pennywise Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:27:43 -0500, "Paul Johnson"

    |> The ctrl/alt/del keys when pressed causes the Close Program window to pop
    |> up. In mine I always see the item Smc (Not responding). The Smc file is the
    |> firewall Sygate personal edition running in my tray. The report that it is
    |> not responding seems to be inaccurate as the firewall appears to run
    |> properly. How do I get rid of the Not responding tag? I am running
    |> windows98 second edition.

    Run leak test and see if your firewall is even working.
    http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

    Pennywise, Jan 26, 2005