  1. Anyone found this worthwhile or problematic???
    TIA

    Wally.

    [email protected], Dec 11, 2003

  2. W@L

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Dec 11, 2003

  3. W@L

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  4. If you have something specific you don't like about our product please
    email and I will address your concerns.

    Daniel Otis-Vigil
    MooSoft Development LLC
    http://www.moosoft.com

    Daniel Otis-Vigil, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Hmm, interesting. I had very specific, detailed concerns about your
    product, relating to false positives and non-detection of real
    trojans, and your response was to blacklist my IP, and email me
    instructing me to desist from further attempts at communicating those
    concerns. You also refused to take my address off your database, so
    I'm still getting your pointless update announcements nearly 2 years
    after removing your worthless POS software from my PC.

    For those who are interested, here is a review of various anti-trojan
    sotware. It doesn't rate The Cleaner very highly at all, although much
    too highly still, in my opinion.
    http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 11, 2003
  6. W@L

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, I do have something specific I don't like about The Cleaner,
    and no, I don't believe I will enter into email discussion about
    this, for reasons that Max has made quite clear.

    The Cleaner's detection rate for trojans is *way* below most
    decent AntiVirus programs, and that is saying something. I also
    don't know of another AntiTrojan program with a worse detection
    rate. These comments are born from my own experiences, and
    from experiences that others have shared with me.

    It doesn't take a master brain to go out there and acquire a
    miriad of trojans, and compare the different softwares available.
    Now, I know you are going to vigorously deny this, but The Cleaner
    is a pile of shite, in my opinion, and I would *never* recommend
    it to anybody - in fact I would urge people to consider a better
    alternative.

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  7. W@L

    ñKs Guest

    LOL' you are too easy
    ROTFLMAO

    ñKs, Dec 12, 2003
  8. W@L

    AlanS Guest

    I think that a lot of people take recommendations from others. Having read
    the experience of other posters I dont feel that I would trust your companis
    product to do a good job, and more specifically and importantly wouldn't
    trust your desire to help customers. Perhaps you should try to get a happy
    existing customer base before trying to add others to a dissatisfied base?

    Just for any new readers to this thread the links cut by moosoft were:

    from 'Mike'
    It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:

    Trojan Hunter
    http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

    Trojan Defense Suite (TDS-3)
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

    Trojan Remover
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    AlanS, Dec 12, 2003
  9. Hmm, interesting. I had very specific, detailed concerns about your
    I vaguely recall you were harrassing me via email to point where I had
    to block your emails. That review only rated The Cleaner near the top
    of the list, wow, that's great!

    We haven't had any false positives in some time and a very high
    detection rate. In fact, much better than most. I am sorry you are
    so bitter but it is really misplaced.

    Daniel

    Daniel Otis-Vigil, Dec 12, 2003
  10. It doesn't take a master brain to go out there and acquire a
    It's your right to do so even though I think you are dead wrong.
    Thank you both for reminding me why I avoid usenet.

    Daniel

    Daniel Otis-Vigil, Dec 12, 2003
  11. What colour is the sky in your world? The reason you avoid Usenet is
    obviously to protect yourself from the unpleasant reality that you
    are con-artist, stealing money from the ill-informed by selling them
    software that is as much use as a gauze condom.

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 12, 2003
  12. Maybe you should make MORE contact through usenets and see what people
    are saying. Yes, you will get worthless criticism but you will also
    get many valid comments - in my experience usingthese groups.

    here_and_there, Dec 12, 2003
  13. W@L

    Mara Guest

    "That review only rated The Cleaner near the top
    of the list, wow, that's great!"

    That isn't what the article says.

    "Effectiveness

    Scanning speed was on the slow side. It took only 33 minutes to scan our
    Windows directory which was the longest of any product we tested. On the other
    hand it scanned more files than any other product.

    The two monitor programs, TCActive and TCMonitor churned away unobtrusively in
    the background and did not have a detectable effect on machine performance.

    ln our signature file currency test in the 2002 tests The Cleaner missed 5 of
    the trojans on the first test, a result identical with The Cleaner. On the
    second test 3 months later it still missed the same five trojans.

    There is some ambiguity in this result. Does it mean that the database was not
    updated in this period or does it suggest that it was already up-to-date at the
    one month. The fact that The Cleaner did a reasonable detection job on the one
    month test favors the latter interpretation.

    However even this interpretation needs to be put in perspective. TDS-3 picked up
    all

    *****The 2003 tests showed even poorer results. In fact The cleaner came dead
    last of all the products tested. If this poor performance continues The Cleaner
    will be removed from our list of recommended programs.*****

    Other Reviews: The Cleaner has had mixed reviews. In one ( 2) it came top of the
    pack, though the test was not very authoritative. In three others (3, 4, 5) it
    was middle ranked. In yet another (6), which was qualitatively oriented, it was
    rated last.

    In perhaps the most thorough review (1),The Cleaner fared poorly, the reviewer
    noting " ... its signature scanning was especially lackluster.""

    It completely missed not one, but several trojans on my test machine. One of
    those was Nimda - quite some time after everyone else was picking it up. F-Prot
    for DOS picked it up - and it's free.

    Thank you very much, Daniel, for showing your weaselness in front of the world.
    I wouldn't recommend your product before. I _certainly_ won't now.
    No, it isn't.

    Mara, Dec 12, 2003
  14. W@L

    Mara Guest

    He's trying to use weasel words to suck in more newbies, apparently. But, as
    with all weasels, his own words trip him up - see my reply.

    "He's a bigger luser than his product, and that's saying something."

    Mara, Dec 12, 2003
  15. Ys, nice job. I guess I was bemused at his apparently boundless
    capacity for self-delusion, after reading his claim that the review I
    linked to rate his snake oil "near the top". Interestingly enough, the
    AT field is starting to get nasty. The authors of TDS and BOClean are
    engaged in a widespread smear campaign against the personal ethics of
    Magnus Mischel, the author of TrojanHunter. I have no experience with
    BOClean, but Wayne Diamond from DCS has all the ethics of a
    graverobber. He has publicly admitted reverse engineering
    TrojanHunter, in direct violation of its EULA.Software libre has its
    unbalanced egomaniacal nut-jobs, like Richard "I invented Linux"
    Stallman, but in general, the OSS movement has much less of the malice
    generated by the urge to compete for sales.

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 12, 2003
  16. W@L

    Paul - xxx Guest

    [email protected] posted ...
    To echo and support what others have said ..

    The Cleaner, by Moosoft, has problems. I get the impression [1] that it's a
    beta, rather than a professional product and, as such, wouldn't recommend it
    [2] to anyone unless they're a real whizz with computers, and then they
    wouldn't need it anyway 'cos they would already be using way better products
    [3] available.

    [1] Personal opinion after trying it on different systems in different
    guises and different releases over a number of years. I don't even bother
    trying it now ...

    [2] I have recommended it in the past for very specific circumstances ..
    though can't now remember what for, but it _was_ very good .. ;)

    [3] See links posted by others ...

    ;)

    Paul - xxx, Dec 12, 2003
  17. That is true. I stepped into what was obviously a tag-team flame
    here. I won't let a couple of misguided souls scare me off.

    Daniel

    Daniel Otis-Vigil, Dec 12, 2003
  18. W@L

    AlanS Guest

    Why do you think it is misguided- it certainly seems valid criticism. Your
    ignoring them, or disagreeing does not make you right. The fact that you
    ignored them, and still dismiss them does not give any reason to feel people
    should yet have any confidence in your company- it seems to re-inforce that
    they may well be right. If you had offered to look at and sort out the
    criticisms they have given may have helped you, but there is no sign of
    'customer care'.
    You give the clear impression of being one to avoid.

    AlanS, Dec 12, 2003
  19. I haven't seen any criticisms to respond to, I have only seen flaming.

    Daniel

    Trojan Collector Account, Dec 12, 2003
  20. W@L

    °Mike° Guest

    A tag-team flame? How do you come up with that?

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003